Fresh Job Opportunities for Communication Officer at IITA
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
HarvestPlus on behalf of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan:
Job Title: Communication Officer
Ref. No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-034
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in writing, editing and produce various communication materials including brochures, flyers, posters, articles, news stories and technical reports on Harvest Plus activities in Nigeria;
- Assist in developing and packaging print/web/audiovisual/multimedia materials in a variety of formats for donors, traders, policy makers and farmers;
- Assist in monitoring stories in the print and new media that cite HarvestPlus activities;
- Assist in facilitating and coordinating communication among partners, extension services and stakeholders in the vitamin A cassava and maize value chain in target and expansion states;
- Assist in providing editorial and communication support, documentation for all project activities;
- Assist in developing and maintaining good working relationships with the media including national, regional and international newspapers, magazines, radio and television;
- Assist in facilitating the dissemination of farmer- friendly information on HarvestPlus project activities through features writing, press releases, field days, radio programs and television;
- Assist in updating information on Harvest Plus database;
- Maintain liaison with federal, State and NGO partners in Nigeria;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- HND/B.Sc in Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relation or related field with two (2) year relevant experience.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Strong communication skills-oral and written
- Excellent creative writing and investigative journalism
- Good Attention to detail
- Good research result reporting skills.
- Good time management
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Deadline: 20th July, 2016.