eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information and outbreak response, organize transport of health commodities, streamline clinical procedures, monitor vaccine usage and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
Job Title: Junior Software Developer
The Junior Developer is responsible for analysing, designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, re-engineering and troubleshooting customer’s’ applications, whilst working with other team members using established procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, designs, develops, tests, and maintains web- and mobile-based applications
- Designs solutions attending to both business and technical considerations
- Analyzes user requirements, envisions system features and functionality
- Collaborates with product owners, team leads and other software developers
- Works closely with end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Works on bug fixes and improving application performance
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or related field
- 1 – 4 years of experience in Software Development or an equivalent of education and experience
- Basic knowledge of software development life cycle (e.g. requirements, analysis, design, implementation, testing, and documentation) and execution models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Iterative Development, etc.)
- Basic understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic understanding of databases, including SQL
- Familiarity with build tools
- Basic understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Basic understanding of using data to drive decisions and data visualization
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Unit test and debugging skills
- Understanding of code versioning tools (Git) is a plus
- Fluent in English
Why work for us?
Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives, but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology. We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
For any questions, please refer to email@example.com
How to Apply