Our client was established in 1999. Since their inception, they have grown into the largest inbound logistics service provider in Sub Saharan Africa. Our client offers a world-class integrated logistics service that spans across the supply chain transforming logistics challenges into competitive advantages, they provide customized solutions to meet any logistics demand when importing goods into Nigeria.
Job Title: Commercial Manager.
The Commercial Manager is responsible for all activities and administration of the Sales Back office. The key objective is to assure that all orders are executed, from quotation till invoicing as per agreed parameters/SLA’s with the clients. Also to have accurately all Sales Agreement implemented in our clients ERP-system. In addition, to manage the timely progress of issue of quotations, order processing and invoicing, to maximize the opportunity for the company to achieve her monthly targets. Manages the commercial offices and Commercial Assistants.
- Manage accurate process of quotations. Assures that quotations are issued timely and according agreed/approved contracts and rates.
- Manage process of order intake. Assures that required documents are in place, such as client registration forms and signed LOA’s, to accept and approve any order for further processing. Seeks approval from Senior Management in case of any doubt.
- Has ownership to accept and implement all client rate-sheets, commercial agreements and any modification there off in our clients ERP-system. Also manages accurate registration of such agreements and modifications.
- Manage progress on OB and Invoicing, by using exception reports and drive other departments pro-actively to assure agreed KPI-targets are being met.
- Uses expertise and experience to work on continuous improvements in such management reports as well is in the applied processes related to quotations, orders and invoicing.
- Review of margins per file and analyses root-cause of deviations, in case actual realized margin is deviating from expected margin. Initiates recommendations for improvements of margins.
- Supports Sales with new inquires from new prospects by providing templates for rate sheets, quotations and SLA’s.
- As and when rd party services are required outside the normal parameters, competitive quotes from 3 service providers to be obtained and evaluated and put forward for selection with recommendation for approval. Once approved, PO to be issued and ensure compliance with agreed Terms and Conditions.
- Report monthly on targets achieved
- Attend Management Team meetings from time to time
- Invoice checking and verification before sending to Finance to ensure;
– It has all the backup documents
– Invoicing Parameters and calculations are correct
– Actual realized Margin is in line with the Expected Margin on a particular file
- Monitor various exception reports in order to timely receive the documents for delivered files(both Airfreight & Seafreight) for Invoicing.
- Manage the unacknowledged Invoices report with the Commercial Officers and eliminate the inefficiencies caused by delays
– Ensure that one days target from Documents received to Invoice acknowledged is met.
- Find out the root causes for delays; proactively & efficiently resolve the issues. Escalate to Senior Management /Sales Manager if problem persists
– Special attention to be paid to client’s queries and returned invoices; such returned invoices shall be
sent back to client’s within 24-48 hours.
– Escalate the clients’ queries especially returned invoices to respective Sales Manager for resolution in
case such queries/issues cant be settled at middle management level within 2/3 days.
- Manage the “Confirmed Orders with Negative Margins” report; ensure the report is adjusted every Friday
- Manage “Orders not invoiced past 3/6 months report” and review with Commercial officers in accordance with company policies.
- Ensure company policies relating to Commercial Processes are diligently followed and adhered to by Commercial officers/assistants
- Any other as instructed/advised by Commercial Director/Senior Management
- Enthusiastic, energetic and self-motivated;
- Commercial & Financial functions oriented;
- Smoothly adaptable to changes;
- Fluent Communication Skills
- Excellent command in excel
- Minimum of 7 years experience in Shipping, Container, Haulage, Transportation within a Senior Commercial role
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Building a strong and motivated team around him
- Accurate administration in place; execution by team “First Time Right”
- Flawless Quotation/Order and Invoicing processing
- Company targets are achieved (where possible)