Fortune 200 Manufacturing Client: Leading authority in Automotive, Aerospace and Power Distribuitiuon
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This role is considered instrumental to several of the finance activities which drive the financial performance of the plant including cost accounting and payroll. The person in this role will assist in the development of forward-looking insights to drive management decision and actions as well as improve operational and financial results. The Accountant provides technical competency to ensure compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP. Duties involve a variety of accounting and finance functions focused around operational analysis, inventory, standard costing, material price variance analysis, capital expenditures, fixed asset reporting, month-end close, and payroll.
• Assists with development of sales and cost of sales projections for profit plans and monthly forecasts
• Establishes and maintains accurate product costs and overhead reporting including annual preparation of the burden rate and tack-on rate reviews as well as providing material price variance analysis on a monthly basis
• Serves as the key point of contact for Engineering and Operations for capital projects and manages the capital projects and fixed assets tracking mechanisms for the plant
• Responsible for preparation and submission of the yearly LIFO process
• Participates in the annual physical inventory process designed to ensure the accuracy of inventory counts and costs
• Prepares monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
• Responsible for weekly submission of Kronos timecard results to Corporate Payroll to ensure timely and accurate paychecks for hourly employees
• Prepares weekly and monthly payroll reconciliation reports to ensure accuracy of payroll transmissions from Kronos to CUPS to Oracle
• Enters and monitors changes to employee payroll data such as wage rates and department moves into Kronos and CUPS as appropriate
• Submits Markview check requests as required
• Functions as the petty cash custodian
• Provides assistance to all areas of plant with regard to functional expertise and cross-functional support and training, providing guidance and education as needed to plant personnel on financial objectives and means of achievement
• Contributes to an atmosphere of continuous improvement and team efforts for accomplishing department and plant goals
• Provides assistance to hourly employees with regard to functional expertise on payroll issues
• Assists in ad-hoc requests from other departments and division headquarters
• Assists in internal and external audits as required
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance from an accredited institution is required.
Minimum of 1 year of Accounting and/or Finance experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Masters in Accounting or MBA
Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Experience working in ERP systems (Oracle or SAP preferred)
Jobinformant.com is a fast-growing jobs in Nigeria job listing portal. We are leading online jobs site, providing the latest job vacancies and recruitment in Nigeria in a variety of industries and locations in Nigeria. Fresh Jobs in Nigeria Today Search for all job vacancies in Nigeria on jobnformant. Everything latest jobs in Nigeria, Jobs in Nigeria, recruitment in Nigeria, vacancies In Nigeria and employment opportunities in Nigeria is our faculty. Our job services are FREE. we do not expect jobseekers to pay for our career services.