Our client, a global logistics company is looking to fill the position for a FEMALE EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT to assist in growing their business to the next level.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)’s primary responsibility is to provide logistical support, technical support and office coordination to the organization. Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the CEO, providing general office management, and meeting and event coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following;
- Performs executive administrative support for Chairman of the Board / Chief Executive Office.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
- Maintains an extremely active calendar of appointments for the CEO, monitoring and revising as needed
- Maintaining direct contact with Board members, the staff, with senior industries and community leadership, drafting correspondence and communications as necessary
- Handles department’s file management
- Arranges all business travel, coordinating meetings and assisting in event planning
- Assists in preparation of departmental reports and presentations by the CEO
- May prepare necessary payments and reconcile accounts.
- May assist in budget preparation and monitoring
- Works in a professional and focused manner to schedule internal and external meetings
- Coordinates extensive meeting arrangements and prepares confidential materials for executive / board of directors meetings
- Other additional responsibilities as assigned
Education, Experience, Skills Required
- Applicant must be a FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUATE with Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 3+ years of applicable industry experience as a Technical/Executive Assistant
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate fluently in Hausa language
- Must have expert level written and verbal communication skills, as well as good listening skills;
- Absolute integrity, initiative, discretion, tact and confidentiality;
- Ability to budget time, set priorities and maintain an awareness of the relationship between activities;
- Must have strong multitasking, time management and organizational skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite, Google, Oracle Business Environment and other software packages relevant to the position, as well as skills with basic office equipment. Ability to learn software programs as required for the position;
- Must possess a high tolerance for stress, demonstrating stability of performance under pressure and/or opposition, in a fast paced environment;
- Must display effective teamwork
- Ability to complete tasks with attention to the smallest details;
- Forward looking and actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
1. High Integrity: Acts with unyielding integrity and honesty in business transactions, promoting company policies and holding self and other employees accountable, keeping promises and commitments.
2. Strong Work Ethic: Can handle what comes up; finds the answers and makes sure the situation is taken care of correctly. Avoids time wasters.
3. Ownership Mentality: Assumes responsibility and makes decisions within own level of authority.
4. Self Motivated: Gets the job done with a minimum of supervision. Collaborates with others to address issues that arise.
5. Responsive: Responds promptly and accurately to customer requests for information; coordinates appropriate follow-up.
1. Communication Skills:Communicates clearly and listens carefully in an open, candid and consistent manner.
2. Professional Representation: Presents top-quality pertinent information to all levels of management.
3. Planning and Organizing: Identifies and defines clear short-term goals and/or work outcomes that are required to implement strategic goals.
4. Interpersonal Interaction: Quickly establishes rapport with internal and external customers to develop trust that their concerns are heard and responded to promptly.
5. Technical Expertise: Maintains cutting edge awareness of latest development in a specific field by scanning multiple sources of information or data (e.g. periodicals, networks of contacts.)
How to Apply