Federal Inland Revenue Service ( FIRS ) recruitment 2016 – Https://Recruitment.Firs.Gov.Ng
The Federal Inland Revenue Service as part of its consolidation strategies, wish to engage the services of early starters with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Officer I, Tax – SL 09
Job Ref: CAT2 (i) – O I T
- Examining Tax returns and raising additional assessments via:
- Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars
- Supervising a number of Officers responsible for the assessment of small companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
- Conducting enquiries into the affairs of small companies
- Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
- Conducting on the job training for tax Officers
- Support supervisors towards achieving set performance targets in their respective roles. Report areas that require improvement and least compliance.
- The successful candidate will be highly organized, numerate and possess strong interpersonal skills to support or represent the team where necessary, externally and internally.
- The individual will ideally have commercial-business knowledge with ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- The position requires someone who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging targets and deadlines. Current membership of a relevant professional institution is essential
Minimum Qualifications/Skills Base
- A Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Or Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant discipline in the quantitative field
- Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft office, Web Applications and the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong team spirit and ability to effectively delegate
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates;
- Knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws
Additional/Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience in a Government, international organization or private firm in a similar role and a B.Sc. in Taxation, Accounting or other related fields of study.
Membership of the following Accountancy bodies or their recognized equivalents with prove of certificate(s) obtained by exam:
- Association of national Accountants (ANAN) or in similar professional courses.
- M.Sc. in taxation or other related discipline.
- Post qualification cognate experience will be an added advantage.
- A successful track record of consistent personal achievement for at least three (3) years, one (1) of which must be a practical hands-on experience at a supervisory level, and be relevant in the management/ supervision of business accounting strategies in taxation in large scale public/private sector organization:
Demonstrated experience with the followin:
- Conversant with Nigerian Tax principles, laws and applications
- Prioritization of task and identification of needed resources to conceptualize ideas into actionable steps.
- Professional skill/courage in enforcement of tax laws application
- Analyzing large/medium/micro & small scale business accounts
- Virtualizing possible gaps in business transactions
- Interpretation of business accounts
- Good knowledge of taxation principles and laws
- Experience in applications of tax laws and enforcement of tax laws
- Proven track record of delivering set targets
- People Management and development
Minimum Character Attribute:
- Be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offence or should not have been indicted at or dismissed from their places of work or other environment
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Minimum Past Performance level:
- Demonstrated ability to determine conformity and non- conformity to set standards in processes and procedures AND demonstrated courage and ability to eliminate, rectify or close determined non-conformity to standard character attributes
- Demonstrated courage in ensuring change within the organization he or she has worked through the effective discharge of his or her responsibility in spite of resistance to change efforts
- Demonstrable impactful presence in the work place as a direct result of the individual’s ability to effect positive and sustainable change in his/her environment
Applicants are also to note that regardless of the position advertised, any of the following will be an added advantage:
- Master’s degree in related discipline
- Relevant and recognized professional certification and qualification
Other General Requirement(s)
In addition all Applicants must:
- Have an NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate
- Be certified as mentally fit for appointment into the Service by a recognized Medical Doctor in any of these class of Government Hospitals:
- National Hospital
- Government Teaching Hospitals
- Federal Medical Centers
- Provide contact details for three references (from last employer, a close family relation and tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities can be obtained
- Present a certificate of State of Origin and Local Government signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Government. Certificates endorsed by Liaison offices will not be accepted.
- FIRS considers computer proficiency a key requirement for anyone who aspires for a job in the Service.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply Online
Please follow the instructions to fill in your application.
– Only applications in respect of the advertised positions would be considered.
– All individuals are expected to apply to only ONE position. Multiple applications by one Candidate for more than one job will be disqualified.
– Upon submission, applicants will receive an acknowledgement containing a reference number which must be quoted in all future correspondences.
– Deadline for submission of application is six (6) weeks from the date the web portal is available (Monday, 10th October, 2016)
– Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
For instructions visit: https://recruitment.firs.gov.ng/Default.aspx