Federal Inland Revenue Service ( FIRS ) recruitment 2016 – Https://Recruitment.Firs.Gov.Ng
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) as part of its consolidation strategies, wish to recruit the services of early starters with integrity, drive and desire to win professionally, to strengthen its workforce.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates in this 2016 FIRS recruitment exercise to fill the vacant job positions below at The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS):
Job Title: Officer II, Tax – SL 10
Job Ref: CAT2 (ii) – O II T
- Raising additional assessment while examining tax returns
- Ensuring uniform application of Tax Laws, Tax Regulations and Information circulars
- Supervising a number of Officers responsible for the assessment of small companies, individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
- Conducting enquiries into the affairs of small companies
- Following up such cases as are in dispute through the appeal procedures.
- The successful candidate should be highly organized, numerate and possess strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, externally and internally.
- The individual will ideally have commercial-business knowledge with ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- The position requires someone who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging targets and deadlines. Current membership of a relevant professional institution is essential
Additional/Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum a B.Sc. /HND or degree equivalent in Taxation, Accounting or other related field of study.
- Post qualification cognate experience will be an added advantage.
- A successful track record of consistent personal achievement and a desire to learn/improve with knowledge
Demonstrated experience through the following:
- Conversant with Nigerian Tax principles, laws and applications
- Prioritization of task and identification of needed resources to conceptualize ideas into actionable steps.
- Professional skill/courage in enforcement of tax laws application
- Analyzing large/medium/micro & small scale business accounts
- Virtualizing possible gaps in business transactions
- Interpretation of business accounts
- Good knowledge of taxation principles and laws
- Experience in applications of tax laws and enforcement of tax laws
- Proven track record of delivering set targets
- People Management and development
Please follow the instructions to fill in your application.
- – Only applications in respect of the advertised positions would be considered.
- – All individuals are expected to apply to only ONE position. Multiple applications by one Candidate for more than one job will be disqualified.
- – Upon submission, applicants will receive an acknowledgement containing a reference number which must be quoted in all future correspondences.
- – Deadline for submission of application is six (6) weeks from the date the web portal is available (Monday, 10th October, 2016)
- – Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
For instructions visit: https://recruitment.firs.gov.ng/Default.aspx