Fresh Vacancy At Action Against Hunger | ACF International
- The DCD-HP is responsible for overseeing the development and appropriate implementation of Action Against Hunger (AAH) humanitarian program portfolio in North East Nigeria.
- The DCD-HP ensures AAH systems & procedures are in place and implemented,
- The DCD-HP ensures the proper management, well- being and safety of AAH staff as well as appropriate use of AAH resources.
- The DCD-HP creates a shared vision among all staff.
- The DCD-HP is responsible for promoting AAH values as well as an organizational culture where AAH core values are embedded, team work is encouraged and all staff feel valued.
The DCD-HP is responsible, through a sound and relevant delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms which will allow him / her to be accountable for all the following responsibilities:
- Oversee NE Nigeria humanitarian programming to ensure the effective and efficient design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of humanitarian program portfolio
- Ensure that humanitarian program is in line with the Country Strategy and AAH’s vision
- Work with senior staff to generate viable projects in line with Country Strategy
- Control that systems, tools and resources are in place to guarantee that humanitarian projects:
- are designed, planned and implemented based on sound analysis,
- are in line with AAH Programming Principles
- are consistent with AAH’s standards for program quality and AAH technical positioning.
- Ensure the regular production and/or review of AAH project managements monitoring tools including Detailed Project Implementation Plans, Activity Progress Reports, Budget and Supply Follow-up, etc.
- Verify that proper monitoring and evaluation systems are in place to demonstrate impact of AAH’s humanitarian program and that learning is incorporated to ensure ongoing improvements.
- Pilot the follow-up on internal and external audit recommendations
- Monitor the AAH NE Nigeria structure and humanitarian program portfolio financial position, and ensure the best use of available resources.
- Ensure that appropriate policies, procedures and systems for HR, finance and logistic are in place and functioning throughout the mission.
- Control that adequate internal controls are in place to protect the financial and non-monetary assets and that the resources are used in accordance with donor terms and conditions.
- Control that appropriate financial and logistic reporting systems are in place to meet both internal needs and external requirements
- Ensure mission has appropriate team structures in place as well as regular review according to projected program needs;
- Ensure levels of authority and responsibility are clearly defined;
- Control that strong HR strategies, systems, policies and processes are in place and monitored.
- Lead the preparation, regular updating and implementation of the security plan in line with AAH standards and procedures
- Ensure NE Nigeria has a security plan in place in line with AAH standards;
- Control that security plan is properly followed and respected;
- Control that appropriate security guidelines and procedures are established, maintained / updated regularly and adhered to by the team;
- Undertake security networking at all levels;
- Analyze the information gathered and provide risk and context analysis;
- Be responsible for the management and oversight of security of all staff and visitors in NE Nigeria;
- Pilot the follow-up on security internal and external audit recommendations. 4 EXTERNAL RELATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS:
- Key role: Develop and enhance relationships between the mission and donors’ representatives, civil society, private sector, government agencies and other humanitarian organizations.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with relevant – counterparts/departments of the government, the locally-represented multi/bi-lateral donors, UN agencies, foundations, international and national NGOs and civil society organizations.
- Support and work effectively in coalitions and networks in the respect of principles of equality, transparency, result oriented approach and complementarities.
- Ensure cordial media relations and act as AAH spokesperson as required.
- Key actor between the field and SMT, the DCD-HP contributes to maintain good working relationships with SMT by complying with information demands and using SMT’s expertise to optimize the humanitarian program portfolio implementation.
- Proactively refer to SMT for any risk that could jeopardize the programs, the funding or the security of staff and premises
- Ensure field teams proactively expresses relevant demands of support to SMT in order to maximize operational efficiency and impact
- Verify that various deadlines set by SMT are respected
- Pilot the follow-up on SMT’s recommendations
- Generally speaking, be a facilitator between the field and SMT
- Under the line management of : Country Director, Nigeria
- In coordination with: Heads of Department, Deputy Country Director Support, Deputy Country Director Programs (SMT)
- With supervision of: Field Coordinators, Regional Technical Coordinators
- Partners, NGOs, UN Agencies
- Local government authorities/departments
- A Bachelor degree in International Development, Political or Social Science, Economics, Business Administration or related field. (Masters Degree Preferred)
- At least 8 years of work experience preferably in humanitarian or development work with at least years of experience in management.
- Significant experience with INGOs. Previous experience with ACF in emergency and post-emergencies an asset.
- Excellent management skills (HR, projects, stress management)
- Advanced knowledge of donors’ guidelines and procedures (ECHO, UNICEF, DFID, OFDA, etc.)
- Ability to organize, train and motivate a multicultural team
- Excellent diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Disciplined and able to work and arrive at decisions autonomously with minimal guidance.
- Fluent in English (professional English needed).
- Excellent drafting and written skills.
- Experience working in Nigeria or West Africa
- Team Work: Level 4
- Organization & Planning: Level 4
- Analysis & Resolution of Problems and Conflict: Level 3
- Adaptability & Flexibility: Level 4
- Motivation: Level 4
- Resistance to Pressure & Capacity to Deal with Difficult Situations: Level 3
- Results Orientation: Level 4
- Effective & Synthetic Communication: Level 4