We are one of the world’s leading hotel companies. We have more than 5,000 hotels and 744,000 rooms in nearly 100 countries. We had more than 175 million guest nights during 2015. You’ll know our hotel brands. They are some of the best known and most popular in the world – InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN Hotels® and HUALUXE™ Hotels and Resorts. All of these brands work together towards our goals of creating Great Hotels Guests Love®. This is a mission that’s seen us go from strength to strength – with more rooms in an ever-growing portfolio of hotels across more and more locations. Which makes this an incredibly exciting time to become part of the team.
Job Title: HR Executive- Intercontinental Lagos
What’s your passion? Whether you’re into singing, swimming or cooking, at IHG we’re interested in YOU. We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies – people who help us create great hotels guests love.
At the moment we’re looking for a HR Executive to support our energetic and enthusiastic HR team at InterContinental Lagos.
Reporting to the Assistant HR Manager, you will be required to support the HR team and its administration activities.
- Attend training sessions as and when requested to.
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned.
- Co-ordinate end of year activities.
- Co-ordinate orientation of all new employees with the Training Manager.
- Ensure that new files have been opened for all new staff and all the documents are filled, in accordance with HR standard and procedures.
- Maintain and updates the vacation, and public holiday records.
- Ensure an accurate record Time Sheet is kept on the total number of hours and overtime worked.
- Keep a record of all files transferred to the Archives.
- Control Human Resources record office and ensure it is always under lock and key.
- Keep a log book of all files for control purposes.
- Keep a master file of all files and their location.
- Ensure safety of all colleagues’ files.
- Maintain and updates manual and computerized employee records, legal documents, policies and procedures and other personnel matters.
- Keep an orderly and updated filing system of personal files and other related filing process and updates leave forms for employees then forward them to AHRM for review.
- Perform other assigned tasks.
- Report all matters affecting welfare of staff as well as the ones which might affect the smooth running of the hotel.
- Prepare workmen’s compensation claims
- Maintain staff notice board in clean and orderly manner.
- Organise and co-ordinate staff sports and welfare activities.
- Inspect staff lockers once a week and make a report to AHRM on the same.
- Issues new employees with
(i) Employment Handbook.
(ii) Staff ID card
(iii) Name tag
- Prepare headcount summary of all casuals and submit to AHRM on or before 20th of each month.
- Co-ordinate and maintains an updated record of all casuals and ensures that casuals involved in misconduct are reported to AHRM.
- Ensure that matters of confidential nature are not discussed with unauthorized persons and ensure that copies of manual and policies are not supposed to be given to competitors neither are business transactions supposed to be discussed with them.
- Monitor costing of staff restaurants and report any irregularities to AHRM.
- Forwards overtime claim forms to Finance Department on or before 20th of each month.
- Ensure that overtime claim forms are accurately claimed and submitted within the specified period.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Certified in related field or equivalent on the job experience. Eg: CIPM
- Minimum 1 – 2 years HR experience.
- Good interpersonal skills/communications.
- Knowledge of Hotel HR Administration will be an added advantage.