IITA Job for Administrative Support Officer
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We seek suitable candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Support Officer
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Provide administrative support for coordination of proposal development;
- Assist in managing administrative review of draft proposals and submission;
- Assist in liaising effectively with scientists regarding proposal development;
- Assist in managing Proposal Development Office (PDO) intranet site and database processes which includes:
- Upload proposal calls on intranet;
- Upload/update proposal calls on ProMis;
- Upload/update/report on information in relation to PDO’s map;
- Prepare PDO news stories and upload;
- Upload documents on intranet as instructed.
- Assist in all administrative duties in support of PDO (Facilitate calendar travel Authorizations, contacts, unit meetings with scientist and donors/partners, create/review documents, etc.)
- Assist in monitoring unit cost center and facilitate any administrative cost in oracle;
- Assist in generating monthly report of PDO’s activities;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Project Management or related field with 4 years’ relevant experience in proposal development and administrative role preferably in an international organisation.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Excellent computer skills (MS word, Excel, Power Point, [Project, SharePoint etc).
- High numerical ability;
- Highest attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Good French language knowledge will be an added advantage.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should for their application attaching detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Deadline: 15th August, 2016.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.