WaterAid is looking for a Regional Security Advisor in West Africa to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Working within the West Africa Regional Office team and the Global Security Manager based in the UK, the Regional Security Advisor will lead on all issues of security and safety, including mitigation of the risks posed to country programmes, personnel and assets in WaterAid West Africa region, in close collaboration with the Global Security Manager.
Job Title: Regional Security Advisor – West Africa
To be successful, you’ll need to have:
Demonstrated leadership skills.
- The ability to make quick decisions in emergencies or when rapid response is required experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, as well as with regional, national and international institutions.
- This position also requires strong analytical capacity, resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of security within programmes and ensuring the most effective support to line management. You will also need excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including influencing, negotiation and coaching skills, and strong research and environmental scanning skills.
- Experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions.
- Experience of set up and execution of an incident warning system (warden system), and compilation of security reports and assessments.
- By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
How to Apply
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, please send your CV and a cover letter (one page maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org using RSA – West Africa as the subject of your email.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviewing will be contacted, within two weeks of the closing date for applications.