NDI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization supporting democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
Job Title: Security Guard
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) seeks to hire a Security Guard in the NDI- Nigeria Field Office, located in Abuja. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrol assigned areas on foot to ensure personal, builidng and equiment security
- Examines doors, window and gates to detemine that they are secured
- Provide escort services for visitors
- Watch and report irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water, pipes and security doors left unlocked
- Call supervisor or police in case of the presence of unauthoried persons
- Performs periodic checks of security lights to ensure proper functioning, reports malfunction as required
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of vendors, visitors and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurences
- Call police or fire departnments in cases of emergency such as fire or presence of unathorized persons
- Warn persons of unruling infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises using force when necessary
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
- Take part in drills, perfoms other miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Shows courtesy towards visitors, partners and staff
- Attend to visitors in a responsive and professional manner;
- Provide a first point of contact to visitors and deal with enquiries courteously during non-business hours.
- Such other related task(s) as may be assigned by his supervisor
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of secondary school leaving certificate.
- 1-2 years’ work experience as a security guard.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skill.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and a CV as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday, 17th August, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Qualified males and females can apply. NDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on ground of sex, religion or geographical location.