National Democratic Institute (NDI) Job for Security Guard
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrol assigned areas on foot to ensure personal, builidng and equiment security
- Examines doors, window and gates to detemine that they are secured
- Provide escort services for visitors
- Watch and report irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water, pipes and security doors left unlocked
- Call supervisor or police in case of the presence of unauthoried persons
- Performs periodic checks of security lights to ensure proper functioning, reports malfunction as required
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of vendors, visitors and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons or unusual occurences
- Call police or fire departnments in cases of emergency such as fire or presence of unathorized persons
- Warn persons of unruling infractions or violations and apprehend or evict violators from premises using force when necessary
- Operate detecting devices to screen individuals and prevent passage of prohibited articles into restricted areas
- Take part in drills, perfoms other miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- Shows courtesy towards visitors, partners and staff
- Attend to visitors in a responsive and professional manner;
- Provide a first point of contact to visitors and deal with enquiries courteously during non-business hours.
- Such other related task(s) as may be assigned by his supervisor
- Minimum of secondary school leaving certificate.
- 1-2 years’ work experience as a security guard.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Good interpersonal skill.