North East Regional Initiative (NERI), an International Development Organization, is recruiting for the position of Community Development Facilitator (CDF) in Yobe State.
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator (CDF) – 3 positions
Job Start Date: Immediately
The Community Development Facilitator (CDF) is responsible for grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions. The CDF will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NRTI-funded activities or potential activities. The CDF will work with groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project concepts during the YL/GL phase, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities. This position will be based at Yobe state office, with program activities expected to be carried out throughout the state. Travel is expected.
Reporting & Supervision:
The CDF reports to the State Program Manager based at Yobe.
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs, associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for the project activities.
- Identify potential activities at the community level for project support
- Work with State Program Manager (SPM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL/GL submission.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics for activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to SPM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
- University degree in political science, international affairs or other related social sciences field is required.
- Three years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is required
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities AND
- A cover letter
To the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference the job title and location on the cover letter and resume /CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 26th August, 2016: