The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Job Title: Senior Program officer Food security and Livelihood
The IRC Nigeria country program is implementing multi-sectorial interventions in the sectors of: Health and Nutrition; Environmental Health; Child Protection; Education; Women’s Protection and Empowerment; Food Security and Livelihoods and Protection. Most of these programs are driven in partnership with strategic local NGOs.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Food Security and Livelihood Senior Program Officer will be responsible to organize, supervise the technical implementation of and Electronic Cash Transfer project funded by USAID/FFP. He/she will be responsible to ensure timely implementation and monitoring of project activities according to the proposal design and donor requirement. He/she will oversee the management of project staff and will be supervised by Programme Manager.
Planning and implementation
- Develop work plan for overall project in line with project proposal, log frame and budget.
- In coordination with sectors within the IRC and other humanitarian cash transfer actors, develop beneficiary selection criteria based on the assessments.
- Closely oversee the beneficiary selection process and ensure transparent selection.
- Ensure distribution plans are developed timely and carried out distributions according to the plan.
- Ensure transparent and timely e-cash distribution process.
- Organize regular progress monitoring visits and provide management expertise to overcome challenges.
- Coordinate with local authorities at community and LGA level to inform program activities in order to implement community participatory project.
- Conduct regular field visits to monitor progress and quality of activities and provide timely feedback and necessary support to IRC staff and community volunteers.
- Organize and facilitate donor visits, IRC senior management team visits and any other delegation visits, as per the guidance from Program Manager.
- Contribute to the design of project visibilities and ensure accurate application of it in compliance with donor and IRC contract.
- Participate/contribute to design and implementation of sector specific and/or multi-sector assessments
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant Certificate in project management with 2 years of experience at Manager level including minimum 1 year in a humanitarian organization
- Degree in social work/ sociology/ community development with 3 years of project management experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience of organizing NFI or voucher distributions.
- Coordination experience with different partners and stakeholders.
- Experience in staff supervision and capacity building.
- Experience working with IDPs is a clear advantage.
- Local language skills – mandatory.
- proficiency of writing and verbal – English (Local Language Hauwa/Kanuri is desirable)
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with colleagues and partners
- Most importantly, commitment to IRC values and principles
- Accuracy and keen attention to details, in order to produce high quality documents and maintain good record
How to Apply