Tax Specialist – Structure Planning & Advisory Job at Dangote Group
The Dangote Group Is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation and Real Estate, Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
The Group requires the services of exceptional and highly motivated professionals to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tax Specialist – Structure Planning & Advisory
Report to: Head Strategic Tax & Compliance
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation, review and filing of statutory accounts and tax packs for a number of entities, full reconciliations from ledgers to statutory accounts and corporate tax reporting, and reports and controls activities while ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in the drive for exceptional customer service, operational excellence and compliance.
- Monitor overall compliance of the Group and subsidiaries to the internal tax calendar defined for all applicable taxes
- Manage relationships in matters of Statutory Reporting as appropriate with Group Accounts; Finance and external auditors.
- Regularly track and resolve outstanding audit and tax issues that have been escalated, or further escalate to the necessary parties
- Monitor and advise on transfer pricing transactions between the business units
- Ensure that within the Group’s corporate responsibilities, the contractual obligations and transactions are strategically planned for tax purposes.
- Participate in the formulation of Tax Policy and implementation strategy (including transfer pricing compliance).
- Conduct tax research and develop an understanding of international tax laws in relation to business operations across International borders.
- Identify possible tax planing opportunities for Dangote’s projects and operations within the applicable legislation and support implementation.
- Develop a model for analyzing Dangote’s tax structure and tax risk
- Provide support to Tax Reporting functions as and when required, leveraging on technology.
- Participate in strategic planning for Tax Reporting.
- Provide technical support to business on tax litigation and appeal cases
- Identify opportunities to continuously increase tax savings and maximize tax benefits for business.
- Identify leading practices and opportunities to leverage technology, regulatory and industry. developments in service delivery.
- Research the basis for tax positions to be taken for business decisions
- Advise management regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies
- Advise management on the impact of new laws on the business and tax implications
- Coordinate outsourced tax preparation work Identify tax savings in prospective acquisition scenarios.
- Participate in project planning with a view of identifying and advising on the pertinent tax issues.
- Develop financial analysis to support global transfer pricing charges and reports. Accumulate data (e.g. on Inter-company transactions), pricing documentation reports.
- Support preparation of the Transfer Pricing reports.
- Inter-company transfer pricing agreements
- Support execution of inter-company transfer pricing agreements with foreign controllers to ensure they are signed in a timely manner.
- Maintain transfer pricing agreements and otherTP reports in the central TP database.
- Identify changes In International tax conventions (e.g. OECD) and provide report on the implication for business.
- Coordinate in-house tax training sessions in conjunction with Dangote Academy to address specific business tax issues.
- Strategic thinking, innovating through analysis and ideas
- Financial management
- Focus on continuous improvement
- People management development
- Working knowledge of Accounting Policies (IFRS)
- Skilled in the Nigerian tax reporting processes and Laws
- Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft applications, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Strong business acumen
- Strong liaison skills in regulatory reporting and stakeholder relationship management
- Skilled in conducting tax research (Local and International)
- Working Knowledge of International Taxation dimension of Nigerian tax laws
- Awareness of tax legislation in countries where Dangote operates
- Awareness of accounting concepts and conventions
- Awareness of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Awareness of deferred taxation concept
- A first degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Finance or related discipline
- Relevant professional qualification preferable e.g. Associate Member or Fellow of the
- Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (ACTI/FCTI)
- Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Nigerian Bar
- Association (NBA) is an added advantage
- 3-5 years cognate work experience from a reputable organization or Tax Consulting firm with specialist skill in Tax research and advisory as added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to:email@example.com
- Specify the position you are applying for as subject of the mail e.g Job Title: Tax Specialist – Structure Planning & Advisory.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
8th September, 2016.