Dams Rehabilitation Design / Supervision Engineers Job at Narelli International Limited
AIM Group has a subsidiary in Real Estate, Narelli International Ltd; incorporated in 1990 to develop and maintain the AIM Group properties through a Facilities Management Department. Narelli is currently building AIM NIGERIA Complex, in Lekki Phase 1 for AIM’s Broadcasting H/Q (TV & FM Studios) & Staff Apartments and 3 (three) star Hotel.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Dams Rehabilitation Design / Supervision Engineer
- Will be tasked with the responsibility of performing a variety of engineering duties associated with existing Dam survey and submit reports on Dam performance, instrumentation, measurements, rehabilitation, design (when need arises), knowledgeable in construction, maintenance and operation of dams, water control structures and other related civil engineering projects, including materials testing and research.
- Participates in the engineering review of registration permits for dams.
- Participates in the engineering review of the geotechnical, hydrologic, structural and geologic details of dam and reservoir plans and specifications for new construction, repairs, alteration, enlargement, reduction or removal.
- Inspects dams to insure compliance with laws, regulations and requirements.
- Confers with government officials, engineers, contractors and operators of dams, with regard to laws, regulations and requirements.
- Prepares or directs the preparation of charts, tables and maps for the interpretation of engineering data, and prepares reports of findings and analyses.
- Prepares reports on subjects relating to dams and reservoirs including rehabilitation survey, monitoring Dams performance and learn the required instrumentation for measurements.
- Participates in surveying dam safety and siltation.
- Uses surveying instruments to do reconnaissance surveys of dams and appurtenances.
- Participates in special investigations and responses to unsafe dams in imminent danger of failure.
- Participates in the preparation of maintenance and operation manuals and general technical guidelines for dam safety.
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- B.Sc /M.Sc in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years working experience
- Working knowledge of the engineering principles and practices applied in the planning, location, reconnaissance survey, report writing, rehabilitation studies, design of affected parts in a Dam, construction supervision, and knowledge of operation of dams, reservoirs and other water control structures.
- Working knowledge of hydrology, geology and geotechnical principles and practices to include use of slope stability, HEC 1 and HEC 2 computer programs.
- Ability to prepare, interpret and utilize civil engineering plans, maps, specifications and reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, consultants and the public.
- Skilled in weekly reports to the company and monthly report writing to clients.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
Deadline: 20th September, 2016.