ENI Energy Young Talents Debut in Research Awards 2017
Eni is a world leading integrated energy company, operating in more than 80 countries in the sectors of oil and gas, electricity production,engineering, construction and petrochemical products. Since 2008 Eni has been offering the Eni award, aimed to promote research and technological innovation in the fields of energy and environment.
Applications are invited from interested candidates for:
ENI Awards 2017, Debut in Research; Young Talents From Africa Prize
- The ‘Debut in Research: young Talents From African is part of the Eni award and its purpose is to help new generation of African researchers to emerge, by offering each of the two (2) final winners a scholarship for post graduate course (e.g. doctoral course) in cooperation with prestigious Italian universities arid research Institutes.
- The candidates must be authors of dissertations or Masters degree held in African universities on issues of prevention of pollution of wateç soil and air, as well as the restoration and reuse of industrial sites; technological innovation in the ‘Field of renewable energy and energy storage; the innovative use of hydrocarbons as energy bridge to the decarbonisation process in Africa.
- The Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize constitutes one of the six sections of the Eni award, composed by the Energy Transition, Energy Frontiers, Advanced Environmental Solutions and the Young Researcher of the Year Prizes, together with the Recognition at Innovation Eni.
- The purpose of the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prize is to help new generations of African researchers to emerge, offering them the opportunity to attend a post-graduate course (e.g. a doctoral course) in cooperation with prestigious Italian universities and research institutes and supporting their research and innovation on the various scientific topics promoted by Eni award.
Object of the Prizes
- Candidates must own a Master’s degree, a postgraduate diploma or any equivalent academic qualification granting access to a doctoral course in an Italian university. The theses must have been defended at an African University during the same year of the annual Official Announcement, or in the precedent year.
- The Prize is reserved to students graduated in an African university or of African citizenship, coming from one of the 58 African countries listed in the World Population Prospects: The 2015 Revision, compiled by the United Nations.
- The thesis must be submitted together with a research proposal to be developed during the process of the post-graduate course and in connection with the Eni award main topics.
- The research project must – in a country, in an African region or in the whole African continent – be focused on the following aspects: expected energy and environmental benefits; project tangible prospects and applicability; potential socio-economic impact resulting from the project.
- Prizes are reserved to students that graduated from an African university or of African citizenship
- Candidates must own a Masters Degree, a Post Graduate Diploma or any equivalent academic qualification granting access to a doctoral course in an Italian university
- Thesis must have been defended at an African university in 2016 or during the previous year
- Application must be presented and guaranteed by Professors, Directors of Department, Faculty Deans and Chancellors of universities, by researchers of research institutes operating in the specific or similar field for which the prize is awarded; self -candidatures will not be considered.
Selection of the Candidatures
The Eni award Scientific Commission shall examine and select the work of the Candidates that have been accepted and shall present the names of the chosen winners of the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa Prizes to the Eni award Organizing Committee by May 2017.
The Eni award and this Official Announcement are submitted to the Eni award Regulations, approved by the Organizing Committee. The text is available Here
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2016 (5p.m. CET – Central European.)
Method of Application
Applications for the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa must be presented and guaranteed by Professors, Directors of Department, Faculty Deans and Chancellors of universities and polytechnic universities, or by researchers of research institutes operating in the specific – or similar -fields for which the Prize is awarded. Self-candidatures will not be considered.
Interested and qualified candidates should download the appropriate Form below and send as follow:
- The candidature proposal, summary of Thesis, CV and Research proposal will have to be uploaded on the eni award candidate private area. The access to the private area must be requested to the Eni award Scientific Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) that will provide an account for the procedure.
- A copy of thesis in electronic form as well as possible recognitions,certificates, letters of reference, list of publications and the related publications must be sent b email to the following address: email@example.com
- The candidate will have the possibility to provide a self-made video of no more than 3 minutes describing the main aspects and applications of his/her research proposal. Such presentations will be sent as indicated during the Candidature’s registration process and will be accepted in the following formats: .MOV, .MPEG4, .AVI, .FLV.
Candidate Application Forms
1.) Summary of the Thesis Prize 2017 (Pdf)
2.) Candidature Proposal Form 2017 (Pdf)
3.) Curriculum Vitae Form 2017(pdf)
4.) List of Publications Form 2017 (pdf)
5.) Possible Recognition Form (Pdf)
Following the formal registration of the Candidature Proposal, a file named Summary of the Candidature Proposal, containing the main data of the application and the Completion Code, will be provided to each Candidate.
The aforesaid file must be duly checked and signed by the Candidate as well as by his/her Guarantor and sent to the Eni award Scientific Secretariat by fax (+39 0248197724) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org before and no later than the deadline defined by this Official announcement.
Click here for more information about the Eni Awards 2017
Note: The deadline for the presentation of the candidatures to the Debut in Research: Young Talents from Africa falls on the closing date mentioned above before and no later than 5 pm. CET – Central European Time. Please note that, after 5 p.m. CET of November, 11, the Scientific Secretariat won’t create new accounts, in order to provide the most suitable assistance to the already registered Candidatures, within the deadline. Two weeks after the November 25th deadline, the Scientific Secretariat will provide the Candidates with formal confirmation, by email, for the acceptance of their Candidature.