Healthcare Leadership Academy (HLA) Healthcare Executives Leadership Programme (HELP) 2016
The Healthcare Leadership Academy (HLA) launched in October 2015 as a platform to provide world-class leadership and management training to healthcare providers, policymakers and administrators in the African health sector to support them in their roles, build leadership capabilities and effect catalytic system wide changes.
To execute this vision, the HLA delivers bespoke training programmes aimed at two categories of healthcare professionals; healthcare providers at the frontline of service delivery; and healthcare policymakers and administrators in the public sector who are central to health system governance.
Applications are invited from interested candidates for:
Job Title: Healthcare Executives Leadership Programme (HELP)
Location: Any City, Nigeria
HELP is specifically tailored to respond to the learning arid career development needs of high-level healthcare executives The curriculum was designed following a period of extensive engagement with medical executives of clinics and hospitals to comprehensively address those critical areas that healthcare executives need to offer good quality services, improve health outcomes and maintain financially sustainable organiations
Using a balanced scorecard approach, HELP aims to build capabilities in four critical areas as follows:
- Financial Management;
- Leadership and Organisational Development;
- Population Health and Health Systems; and
- Quality Improvement
HELP is a one-year programme, delivered using ‘field and forum” methods to ensure that the conceptual knowledge gained in the classroom is applied to real life situations at the workplace. The programme is structured in two distinct phases:
- A period of classroom instruction, during which the curriculum content is delivered this is done over the first six weekends (Friday and Saturday) of the programme.
- A period of experiential learning this denotes the following 9-month period during whlch participants are to make substantial progress on a chosen project within their respective healthcare facilities/organisations. During this period, participants are supported through quarterly shared learning sessIons and faculty mentoring.
Who Are We Looking For?
- The Healthcare Executives Leadership Programme is a rigorous and demanding programme designed to interrupt the traditional ways of thinking about delivering healthcare and challenge participants to become agents of positive change within their respective institutions and local communities.
- We are interested in enthusiastic and committed individuals who are looking to broaden their healthcare leadership perspectives; Ideal candidates are confident and innovative, will actively engage with the programme and have a genuine desire to transform their institutions.
Specifically, applicants must demonstrate:
- An aptitude and appetite for learning in an intense and fast paced educational environment.
- Commitment to evidence-based practice, quality improvement and leadership initiatives within their organisation
- A results driven approach to healthcare; and
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Applications will be considered from senior healthcare executives who as part of their role are responsible for managing healthcare institutions and/or large departments within healthcare facilities. Potential candidates include Chief Medical Directors, Chief Operating Officers, Chairmen of Medical Advisory Committees, Clinical Directors, Heads of Administration and Hospital Managers of private and public clinics, hospitals and diagnostic centres.
- Please note that the programme will be of most benefit to organisations with an existing and fully operational structure.
- Participation on this programme is NOT transferable and attendance at all sessions is mandatory. Carefully consider the time commitment required before applying.
Credits and Logistics
- Participants are eligible for 20 CME points upon successful completion of the six-week training period.
- Participants will be selected based on the strength of their application.
- Successful early applicants will be offered full scholarship for tuition.
- Applications are encouraged from all states of the federation. However, please note that the classroom teaching and quarterly learning sessions will take place in Lagos State. Accommodation and travel arrangements will not be covered by the HLA
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 16th September, 2016.