Hope for Women in Nigeria Initiative (HOFOWEM) 2016/2017 Scholarship Award
Hope for Women in Nigeria Initiative (HOFOWEM) key area of influence is Lagos State particularly the rural communities. One of the themes for the actualization of HOFOWEM’s goals is themed “Hope for Children”.
Hope for Children: HOFOWEM seeks to help rehabilitate Vulnerable Children and encourage the education of underprivileged children. The welfare and health care of underprivileged children is also an area HOFOWEM considers key in its transformation agenda. Hope for Children birth the “HOFOWEM Scholarship Scheme”.
This is to notify all indigent students who are resident in Lagos State and have secured admission into recognized Government Higher Institutions in Nigeria that application forms for HOFOWEM Scholarship award is available.
Applications are invited for:
Title: HOFOWEM Scholarship Award for 2016/2017
- The scholarship programme is sponsored to give opportunity for brilliant indigent students in Lagos State Public Secondary School to pursue first degree courses in Nigeria.
- The recipients of this scholarship will choose courses that will address critical issues on Engineering, Environment, Food security, Education, Public health and other key areas that will address societal needs.
Eligibility Requirements for HOFOWEM Scholarship Award
To qualify for the award:
- An applicant must be an indigent and resident of Lagos State and must have an evidence of residency: Lagos State Residents Registration Agency (LASRRA) Identification Number.
- Candidates must have prospects of securing admission into a recognized government Higher Institution in Nigeria before applying.
- Candidates must have been a student and obtain his/her Testimonial in any Public Secondary Schools in Lagos State.
- This scheme is for candidates pursuing undergraduate courses and candidates must have minimum of 4A’s – 6A’s in WASSCE or equivalent including English and Mathematics at one sitting.
- Candidates MUST be on full-time studies and NOT part-time.
- Students who enjoy Lagos State Bursary Award or any other Scholarship are NOT eligible.
Terms and Conditions for the Award
- The recipient of this scholarship will offer courses that will address critical issues in Engineering, Environment, Food Security, Education, Health and other key areas that will address societal needs. In addition;
- An awardee will not change the course of study specified in the letter of award without obtaining prior approval of HOFOWEM Scholarship Board
- A change in the University/Institution during the study will only be admissible with the prior approval of the HOFOWEM Scholarship Board
- An awardee stands to forfeit the Scholarship Award if the award is not utilited within a period of one (1) year, and
- The award is to be forfeited in the event of academic decline.
Screening Exercise for Applicants
- Only successful applicants will be contacted for the screening exercise.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Deadline: 30th September, 2016.