Latest IITA Job Vacancy for Mechanic III
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanic III
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-030
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Maintain and operate heavy generators in the Power House;
- Maintain and operate Ring Main Units (RMUs);
- Maintain circuit breakers and other related equipment in the power House;
- Receive AGO for all functioning equipment;
- Ensure the right lubricant mix of the powerhouse equipment;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- ND, Trade Test I, Artisan Certificate in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any other related field.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of power house equipment.
- Pay attention to details and must be a team player.
- Be able to follow instructions.
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Deadline: 15th September, 2016.