AIM Group has a subsidiary in Real Estate, Narelli International Ltd; incorporated in 1990 to develop and maintain the AIM Group properties through a Facilities Management Department. Narelli is currently building AIM NIGERIA Complex, in Lekki Phase 1 for AIM’s Broadcasting H/Q (TV & FM Studios) & Staff Apartments and 3 (three) star Hotel.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Structural Design / Supervision Engineer
- Has the responsibility for designing Projects related to challenging structures and conversant with computer modelling.
- Perform statistical calculations and where the need arises dynamic calculations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of principles of structural engineering design in areas of bridges, high-rise buildings, Reinforced concrete, water-tanks, etc. using steel, concrete and composite materials.
- Construction Supervision. In addition, a first-hand understanding of Engineering Business, Marketing, Client relations & Project Management.
- Design consultation & Development, supervision of high-rise buildings, concrete structures, water tanks and other structural engineering Projects.
- Prepare tender documents including detailed drawings, specifications & BOQ
- Knowledgeable in structural modelling.
- Carry out equipment & plant inspection during pre-mobilization stage and during construction supervision for Civil and structural engineering projects.
- Participate in tender analysis and negotiations.
- Review and approve workshop drawing for construction.
- Construction Material Analysis / Selection, Supervision of construction and site installation works.
- Liaise with other disciplines (Project managers, Architects, and other Engineers to coordinate design of Engineering projects)
- International and National codes standards- Research and Application ( BS , Eurocodes, ACI, e.t.c )
- Prepare & submit project report & progress reports as appropriate.
- Participate in risk analysis and management.
- Prepare test procedure plan; ensure that concrete tests are supervised in your presence. Additionally, ensure the AIM Consultants representative attends the steel tensile test and certifies test results.
- Supervise commissioning programme and sign offs
- Development of construction drawing, bill of quantities,
- Draw up scope of works and drawing lists.
- Checking of drafted drawing and making necessary amendments
- Prepare the snag list at practical construction stage
- Final inspection stage to be carried out in the presence of the Client Representatives
- Ensure contractors submits shop drawings before foreman begins work
- Ensure Contractor submits As-Built drawings
Qualification: B.SC/M.SC/Professional Certification
- B.Sc in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience (Nigerian) and 10 years (non-Nigerian)
- Member of Governing Council of Professional Engineers in the Country of Origin
Skills and Abilities (IT Tools)
Highly proficient in the use of the following:
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, MS Project, & Outlook )
- Auto-CAD 2014, Auto-CAD Revit,
- Structural Design Software ( StaadPro , Tekla, Prokon, ETABS, SAFE, SACS )
- Good command of English Language ( Oral & Written )
- Follow field management procedures
Mental /Cognitive Requirements:
- Creative: Ability to create & invent
- Intelligent: Sheer knowledge & ability to understand , comprehend & learn
- Wisdom: Problem solving, application of knowledge & adaptability
- Ability to plan & prioritize work
- Dexterity: Flexibility & Speed
- Strength: using minimum effort to achieve maximum results
- Endurance: Ability to maintain a level of physical activity ; without undue physical damage
- Physically Fit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
Deadline: 20th September, 2016.