Water Resources & Sewage/Water Treatment Engineer Job at Narelli International Limited
AIM Group has a subsidiary in Real Estate, Narelli International Ltd; incorporated in 1990 to develop and maintain the AIM Group properties through a Facilities Management Department. Narelli is currently building AIM NIGERIA Complex, in Lekki Phase 1 for AIM’s Broadcasting H/Q (TV & FM Studios) & Staff Apartments and 3 (three) star Hotel.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Water Resources & Sewage/Water Treatment Engineer
- Has the responsibility for designing or overseeing projects involving provision of potable water, disposal of wastewater and sewage, or prevention of flood-related damage.
- In addition, will also prepare environmental documentation for water resources, regulatory program compliance, data management and analysis, and field work.
- Perform hydraulic modeling and pipeline design.
- Develop plans for new water resources or water efficiency programs.
- Design water distribution systems for potable or nonpotable water.
- Design sludge treatment plants.
- Provide technical support on water resource or treatment issues to government agencies.
- Supervise water quality studies to identify and characterize water pollutant sources.
- Identify design alternatives for the development of new water resources.
- Gather and analyze water use data to forecast water demand.
- Write technical reports related to water resources development or water use efficiency.
- Analyze and recommend sludge treatment or disposal methods.
- Design water storage tanks or other water storage facilities.
- Design water run-off collection networks, water supply channels, or water supply system networks.
- Design water or wastewater lift stations, including water wells.
- Review and critique proposals, plans, or designs related to water or wastewater treatment systems.
- Provide technical direction or supervision to junior engineers, engineering or computer-aided design (CAD) technicians, or other technical personnel.
- Design or select equipment for use in wastewater processing to ensure compliance with government standards.
- Learn to perform mathematical modeling of underground or surface water resources, such as floodplains, streams, rivers, or wetlands.
- Design best river training and smooth Right of ways
- Perform hydrological analyses, and self-educate using three-dimensional simulation software, to model the movement of water or forecast the dispersion of chemical pollutants in the water supply.
- Perform hydraulic analyses of water supply systems or water distribution networks to model flow characteristics, test for pressure losses, or to identify opportunities to mitigate risks and improve operational efficiency.
- Oversee the construction of decentralized or on-site wastewater treatment systems, including reclaimed water facilities.
- Contribute to feasibility studies for the construction of facilities, such as water supply systems, run-off collection networks, water and wastewater treatment plants, or wastewater collection systems.
- Contribute to the design of gully erosion in accordance with Design earlier developed by AIM Consultants Ltd.
- Contribute to the development of environmental impact studies related to water and wastewater collection, treatment, or distribution.
- Contribute to the development of cost-benefit analyses for the construction of water supply systems, run-off collection networks, water and wastewater treatment plants, or wastewater collection systems.
- Contribute to the development of the efficiency of water delivery structures, such as dams, tainter gates, canals, pipes, penstocks, or cofferdams.
- Analyze storm water or floodplain drainage systems to control erosion, stabilize river banks, repair channel streams, or design bridges.
- Contribute to the analysis recommendations of chemical, biological, or other wastewater treatment methods to prepare water for industrial or domestic use.
- Design pumping systems, pumping stations, pipelines, force mains, or sewers for the collection of wastewater.
- Design domestic or industrial water or wastewater treatment plants, including advanced facilities with sequencing batch reactors (SBR), membranes, lift stations, head works, surge overflow basins, ultraviolet disinfection systems, aerobic digesters, sludge lagoons, or control buildings.
- B Sc. in Civil Engineering or Masters in Water Resources
- Minimum of 5 years (Nigerian) and 10 years (Non-Nigerian) of General experience and minimum of 3 years’ experience and 5 years’ experience in Water Resources.
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD or other computer based design packages;
- Member of Governing Council of Professional Engineers in the Country of Origin
- Excellent written and communication Skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Proven ability to deliver design tasks on time;
- Ability to mentor national staff in road design engineering and AutoCAD.
- Skilled in monthly report writing to clients.
- Report writing
- Creative: Ability to create & invent
- Intelligent: Sheer knowledge & ability to understand , comprehend & learn
- Wisdom: Problem solving, application of knowledge & adaptability
- Ability to plan & prioritize work
- Dexterity: Flexibility & Speed
- Strength: using minimum effort to achieve maximum results
- Endurance: Ability to maintain a level of physical activity ; without undue physical damage
- Physically Fit
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
Deadline: 20th September, 2016.