Aluminium Smelter Company of Nigeria Plc (ALSCON), a leader in aluminium smelting wishes to offer excellent career opportunities to suitably qualified individuals for the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technician
Location: Akwa Ibom
Successful candidates would be able to:
- Carry out assessment en generators as well as fault and trouble-shooting on diesel generators.
- Service and conduct routine maintenance on generators.
- Monitor generator Loading at client site and liaise with client representative to reduce load or shut down, where applicable.
- Monitor and inspect generators indicators to detect evidence of operation problems.
- Fill records and Log book, and communicate with other personnel in other to ensure generators remain in perfect working conditions at all times.
- Conduct minor and major repairs on diesel generators.
- Install diesel generator
- Overhaul generators
- Ideal applicants should not be above 40 years of age
Applicant should have minimum of five (5) years experience working on diesel generators as follows:
- Cat Model: 3516, 16 Cylinders 1.5MW, 11KV diesel generators
- Must be ready to analyze work fault
- Must be willing to work at heights.
- Perkins Model: 4012-46TAG2A, 12 Cylinders, 1.25MW, 11KV diesel generator.
- Deutz: BV12M628, 12 Cylinders, 2.5MW, 11 KV diesel generators as blackstart engine for gas turbines
- Applicants must posses a minimum of OND/HND in Mechanical Engineering obtained from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- Strong knowledge of working of a diesel generator.
- Vast experience of both the mechanical and electrical parts of a diesel generator.
- Hands on experience carrying out major repairs and overhaul on diesel generator.
- Generator installation experience.
Salary and fringe benefits are attractive and competitive and will depend on qualification and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their applications along with detailed resumes, stating educational and professional qualifications, working experience and copies of credentials to the address below:
The Human Resources Director,
Aluminium Smelter Company of Nigeria Plc (ALSCON),
Akwa Ibom State.
Application Deadline 1st November, 2016.