Assistant Agricultural Fieldman at Ornamental Agro-Allied Enterprises
Ornamental AgroAllied Enterprises is a full service agriculture firm offering professional farm management, Dairy Operation, livestock operations management, agricultural consulting. We have a practical understanding across the whole range of farming disciplines.
We are currently recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Assistant Agricultural Fieldman
- To work with the Manager Agricultural and Environmental Services in the implementation of Agricultural Service Board Programs and duties appointed by the company and assume the Managers responsibilities when the manager is absent for an extended period of time.
- Facilitate the delivery of the Agricultural Services offered to the customers.
- Direct and supervise the service board employees
- Plan and budget for programs
- Ensure the proper equipment is available and maintained
- Keep track of the loaned and rented units
- Control stocks of pesticides and sprayer repair parts
- Maintain a daily log of activities and accurate spray records
- Complete work orders on a timely Basis for invoicing
- Reports quarterly, annually and on special projects
- Coordinate these jobs between manpower, equipment, materials and time for everything offered.
- On farm cattle weighing for herd records
- Sprayer calibrations and service / modification advise
- Shelterbelt trees (selection) receiving, distribution and planting
- Soil sampling – and fertility interpretation
- Seed plant emergency help
- Control weeds on public land
- Custom weed control on private land only if not in direct competition with locally offered services
- Identify weeds, pests, and diseases for the community
- Provide advice for suitable control of the above
- Maintain current information on modern farming techniques
- Order, maintain and use materials required for predator control under the authority of the Agricultural Pests Act
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or Diploma from an Agricultural College
- Two or more years experience in agriculture or the agricultural service industry
- A valid pesticide applicators license
- Excellent communications skills are required
- Being able to work with other agricultural groups is an advantage
- Competence in giving / taking directions and self motivation is a benefit
- Computer literacy and advanced writing skills are required
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th October, 2016.