Emergency Project Manager At Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
NRC is looking for an experienced and dedicated Emergency Project Manager to establish the emergency functions in our programme in Nigeria.
NRC initiated country operations in Nigeria in June 2015, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. NRC currently has a full team based in Maiduguri and a coordination office in Abuja. Borno State is host to the largest number of IDPs with the biggest concentration in Maiduguri City. NRC is providing services across various sectors namely; Shelter and Non-Food Items (NFI); Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Promotion (WASH); Food Security; and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) in order to address identified humanitarian needs.
The Emergency Project Manager reports to the Area Manager in Maiduguri
Job Title: Emergency Project Manager
- In collaboration with HoP, AM and PDMs startup emergency department for NRC Nigeria
- In collaboration with AM, identify and train Emergency Focal Points in NRCs field offices
- Facilitate emergency assessments, in close collaboration with PDMs and NRCs Access and Security Department
- In collaboration with HoP and PDMs contribute to project proposals budgets and reports to relevant donors in accordance with deadlines and guidelines given by HoP and the applicable donor
- Coordinate the emergency aid delivery with other humanitarian actors working in the State or at the national level
- Ensure proper documentation of emergency response activities, including post-distribution monitoring.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical expertise on emergency interventions
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the context in northern Nigeria is an advantage
- Political and cultural awareness
- Solid field experience, preferably from refugee/IDP emergency response
- Proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience in cash and voucher-based programming
- Experience with Emergency start up.
- Experience in SOP systemic design approach
- Experience in working with ECHO RRM funded projects is an advantage
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- Strategic thinking
- Commencement: November 2016
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels.Maiduguri is a non-family posting. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area. Recreational and social facilities are limited, and accommodation is modest. International staff members are required to live in joint accommodation.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.