Entry LLevel Chef/Cook Jobs at a Hospitality Industry
EZ37 Solutions Limited is currently seeking on behalf of its client, in the Hospitality Industry, for suitably qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Chef/Cook
Job ID: EZ02942016
Company: Hospitality Industry
- Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, vegetables, or desserts in restaurants. May order supplies, keep records and accounts, price items on menu, or plan menu.
- Clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or poultry.
- Cook foodstuffs according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be served.
- Apportion and serve food to facility residents, employees, or patrons.
- Direct activities of one or more workers who assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Cook and package batches of food, such as hamburgers and fried chicken, which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Prepare specialty foods such as pizzas, fish and chips, sandwiches, and tacos, following specific methods that usually require short preparation time
- Must possess a minimum of OND in any discipline
- Must be computer literate
- Ability to prepare nigerian and continental dishes
- Ability to learn
- Age 23 -35
How to Apply