Federal University Lafia New Job Vacancies
Federal University Lafia was established in February; 2011 with the mandate to increase access and quality of University education in Nigeria. The University which currently has three (3) Faculties and seventeen (17) academic progranmes is poised for accelerated expansion of academic activities.
The Governing Council of Federal University Lafia announces that the position of Registrar of the University will be vacant in February 2017. In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree No. 11 of 1993 as amended by the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Amendment) Act, 2003, the Governing Council of the University wishes to commence the process for the appointment of a new Registrar, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates with experience in University administration for the post below:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University.
- The Registrar by virtue of the office is Secretary to the Council, the Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
The candidate for the post of Registrar must possess a good honours degree from a recognized University; with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience in a University. Possession of higher degree(s), professional qualifications and membership of professional bodies will be an added advantage.
The candidate is also expected to:
- Not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar;
- Show demonstrable evidence of consummate management and leadership passion and drive in previous positions and in addition, must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Exhibit the ability to be a team leader, who leads by example, has clear mentorship skills and plans, should not be older than sixty (60) years of age upon appointment
- Enjoy strong physical and mental health;
- Possess personal integrity demonstrate transparency in private and public life, be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff, students and other members of the University Community;
- Be computer literate and have a good working understanding of communication by internet.
- Must have a good working knowledge of current administrative principles, processes and practices
Terms and Conditions of Service Applicable to the Post
- The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Registrar in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government and the Governing Council of the University.
How to Apply
Each application should include the names and addresses of three (3) referees. Each applicant should request each of his/her referees to forward, direct to the Vice-Chancellor, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial abilities in a properly sealed envelope marked Post of Registrar: Refetee’s Report, with name of candidate at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
All applications and referees’ reports should be submitted under confidential cover, and addressed to:
Federal University Lafia,