APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Safety Environment Executive
- Advises the Managing Director and senior management on HSE strategies.
- Represents the company with local government organizations to ensure a mutual understanding of APM Terminals Apapa Limited’s (APMTAL’s) goals and requirements, and co-operate with local resources to ensure compliance with local and international legislation and guidelines.
- Compiles and submits HSE reports required by regulatory agencies, shipping lines and company interests.
- Maintains up-to-date information and knowledge in the area of HSE and communicates to required parties within the terminal.
- Develops and arranges basic HSE related training including, but not limited to safety inductions, basic first aid, emergency response, etc.
- Maintains safety files and records.
Who we are looking for:
- University degree in Business Management or Engineering discipline
- 5 years of cumulative experience in HSE of a container terminal
- Effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Requires a proven track record of increasing work responsibility
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Financial Management skills is essential
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety from recognized institution
- Requires a proven record of Health, Safety and Environmental management experience from port operations and/or heavy equipment industry
- Value and team-based leadership.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Develops and monitors HSE related policies, procedures and systems to provide for a safe operation.
- Establishes internal and external networks to seek out best practices and ensure continuous improvement within the organization.
- Leads high severity investigations.
- Cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for APMTAL in hearings, lawsuits and insurance investigations.
- Develops toolbox talks based on incident findings from internal or external sources and general safety information.
- Inspects facilities and risk assesses standard operating procedures to detect existing or potential hazards.
- Advise department managers on incident findings and assist with development of corrective actions for use by company personnel and outside agencies.
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Deadline 25th October, 2016.