IITA Recruitment for Project Account Officer
IITA is one of the world’s leading research partners in finding solutions for hunger, malnutrition, and poverty. Its award-winning research-for-development (R4D) approach addresses the development needs of tropical countries. IITA works with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. IITA is a non-profit organization founded in 1967 in Nigeria and governed by a Board of Trustees. IITA works on the following crops: cowpea, soybean, banana/plantain, yam, cassava, and maize. It is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Account Officer
Ref No: IITA-HR-NRS2016-043
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
- BSc/HND in Accounting or Financial Management with five (5) years relevant experience performing similar role in a well-structured organization. Possession of ACA or ACCA is highly essential.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Participate in financial operations including revenue and expenditure trends analysis and financial commitments;
- Analyze financial information with recommendations to project leader and develop efficient use of resources and procedures;
- Create solutions to operational and financial issues/challenges, monitor funds status and the amounts transferred by donor to center account;
- Liaise with all project partners to obtain required information in time, check for completeness, accuracy and allowability of the expenses before finalizing the accounts in close working relationship with PAO and IITA finance team;
- Perform any their duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Ideal Candidate must have:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent ability in communicating ideas effectively.
- Excellent computer skills in the use of financial applications (ORACLE)
How to Apply
Interested applicant should forward their Applications include covering letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work).
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
2nd November, 2016.