JAGAL Group Fresh Career Opportunity for Electrician (Shipyard)
JAGAL Group, is a leading Nigerian conglomerate with operations in the Oil & Gas, Construction and Manufacturing industries. The company has been growing successfully over the past 40 years, and has become a valuable and respected contributor to the development of the country’s economy.
Jagal offers diverse career opportunities across all its business activities. The Group’s broad range of industries and services offer rewarding prospects for various professional backgrounds and can satisfy ambitions for a successful future career.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrician (Shipyard)
Job ID: 638
Reporting to: Manager-Shipyard
- At least Three years of field experience with the technical school certificate
- Diploma is preferred.
- Flexibility to work other schedules including shift work.
- Must be certified in all required engine performance, engine repair, and engine elect / electronics CAT foundational assessments.
- Flexibility to work various schedules including shift work.
Prime Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs, major & minor repairs, inspection, check list of Generators & Welding machines &Tower lights e.g. Electrical motors Transformers, Electrical panels
- Reports completion of tasks assigned and indicates need for additional maintenance to appropriate personnel.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by the Foreman and supervisor.
- Trains subordinates & provide technical guidance as requested.
- Performs preventive and routine maintenance as per maintenance plan
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, Generator & Tower light and welding machine and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Understands and follows all safety rules and proper procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job.
- Any other duties as from time to time deemed necessary, which are not necessarily part of your usual job description.
Specific Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test electrical circuits, equipment and appliances.
- Ability to read drawings, schematics, Electrical drawings, reference manuals.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online