Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health,
education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
Save the Children is recruiting to fill the vacant job position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Save The Children is looking to add a dynamic, organized Business Development Manager who is passionate about being a part of a global team of individuals committed to improving the lives of children in Nigeria.
- The Business Development Manager works as part of the Program Development and Quality team to assist in proposal development, including coordinating proposal development processes and contributing to proposal writing.
Successful candidates should have:
- Experience writing reports or proposals for donors, including institutional donors (i.e. government agencies such as DFID, USAID, etc.)
- Experience at an INGO and knowledge of some technical areas such as humanitarian assistance, health, nutrition, protection, education, livelihoods or water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with large teams and to communicate clearly
- Excellent writing skills and a talent for writing concisely and conceptualizing ideas for graphics that convey key information
- Experience leading or taking part in proposal development for USAID, DFID, other bilaterals, foundations and/or corporations
- Thoroughly review solicitations/calls for funding and summarize key details for relevant individuals
- Help the proposal team to identify and address any gaps in the program design or other pieces of the proposal
- Collaborate with the proposal team to incorporate the suggestions of proposal reviewers
- Format and edit proposals and ensure a high quality final products
- Follow proposal calendar and meet established deadlines
- Coordinate the overall development process for proposals, including setting timelines for the proposal team, providing relevant templates and guidance, communicating donor requirements, and ensuring collaboration with all relevant units within the Save the Children Nigeria office
- Collate and integrate inputs from technical experts and staff into a narrative that clearly conveys proposal win themes, and importantly, is compliant with all donor instructions and requirements
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years overall experience, with 2 years in writing and/or developing proposals in response to solicitations from donors
- Exceptional conceptual, analytical, writing, and editing skills, including knack for synthesizing large amounts of information into persuasive, clear language and graphics.
- Ability to consistently meet multiple deadlines.
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Deadline 25th October, 2016.