North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: Community Development Facilitator (CDF)
Location: Adamawa State; particularly in any of the following LGAs: Madagali, Michika, Mubi North or Mubi South.
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Community Development Facilitator (CDF) is responsible for grass-roots development of project concepts and activity submissions.
- This position will be based at Adamawa state office, with program activities expected to be carried out throughout the following specified LGAs (Madagali, Michika, Mubi North & Mubi South). Travel is expected.
- The CDF will interact with community groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), associations and other groups implementing NRTI-funded activities or potential activities.
- The CDF will work with groups to develop activity ideas and summaries, refine project concepts during the YL/GL phase, assist in the creation and negotiation of budgets, as well as be the primary field oversight for ongoing activities.
- University degree in political science, international affairs or other related social sciences field is required.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in Hausa is required and any other local state languages in the North Eastern Nigeria will be an additional advantage
- Three years’ work experience in a related field is required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations or international-funded projects is highly desirable.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The CDF reports to the State Program Manager based at Adamawa.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Liaise with community groups, NGOs, CBOs, associations and other community stakeholders to identify potential partners for the project activities.
- Identify potential activities at the community level for project support
- Collect information on program activities, including beneficiary targets.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Support review of Final Evaluation Reports and grant closing.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field.
- Facilitate linkages between communities as needed.
- Work with State Program Manager (SPM), and Abuja-based Program team, develop project ideas identified for support for YL/GL submission.
- Work with community organizations to budget and prepare logistics for activities
- Monitor and report on routine program operational activities and scheduled program events, reporting activity summaries to SPM and Abuja-based Reporting Officer.
- Work with staff to ensure project attendance at local events.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date above:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline 2nd November, 2016.