Federal University Dutse Job Vacancy for Registrar
The Federal University Dutse is one of the nine university established by the Federal Government on February 11, 2011. It commenced academic programmes in the year 2012 with three faculties and has produced first set of graduates as well started postgraduate programmes. Presently, the operating Faculties in the University are Agriculture, Science and, Arts and Social Science, while Faculties of Medicine Management Science Education and Law are in the offing.
The Governing Council of the Federal University Dutse, has declared that the post of the Registrar will soon become vacant and invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates:
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar, a Principal Officer is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day to day administration of the University except as regard matters of finance for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The person holding the office of the Registrar shall, by virtue of that office, be Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
- In addition, he/she maintains various records and other legal and non financial documents of the University.
- Applicants for the position of Registrar, Federal University Dutse must be distinguished administrators with proven records of managing human and material resources.
Specifically, the applicants must:
- Have a Bachelors Degree in any relevant discipline with at least Second Class Lower Division. Possession of relevant Master’s degree such as MPPA, MBA will be an added advantage,
- Be a member of relevant professional bodies such as ANUPA, NIM,
- Have at least 15 years of cognate experience in tertiary institution,
- Have spent a minimum of five (5) years as Deputy Registrar in a University Or its equivalent in a comparable institution,
- Have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University,
- Be competent at all times to advise the Vice-Chancellor on all matters affecting the policy and administration of the University
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students, and other members of the University Comm unity and stakeholders,
- Be an individual who, judging from his/her track records, is likely to command the respect of members of Staff Students and University Community
- Have excellent written and spoken communication skills,
- Be in position to ensure the enforcement of the University Laws and Regulations;
- Be Information and Communication Technology (ICT) proficient,
- Be of excellent, physical and mental health,
- Not be more than 60 years of age by February, 2017 when the position is scheduled to be occupied.
The Registrar shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years.
The remuneration and condition of service for the post of Registrar are as applicable in all Nigerian Universities, and as determined by the Federal Government from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty copies (30) of their application letters and Curriculum Vitae in an envelope addressed to the “Vice-Chancellor, Federal University Dutse” and the post applied for must be clearly written at the top of the right hand corner of the envelope.
A one page of candidate’s vision statement for the University during his/her tenure if appointed should be attached to the application. The applications must include academic and professional qualifications, birth certificate, verifiable evidence of work experience and Curriculum Vitae that includes the following among other information:
- Full name (Surname, First name, Middle name)
- Post applied for
- Place and State of Birth
- State of Origin/ Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Correspondence Address (if different from Permanent Address)
- Mobile Phone Number
- Email addresses
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications obtained with dates
- Professional Qualifications obtained with dates
- Work experience including full details of former and present posts
- Community service(s) rendered (including dates and locations)
- List of Publications and dates where applicable
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three Referees
All referees should be asked to send their independent reports to the Vice Chancellor with full details of the applicant and the post applied for
Deadline: 6th December, 2016.