Atlantis Allied Farms – A reputable farm located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, requires candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Farm Manager
- The role of farm manager is basically no longer a case of looking after a small plot with a few animals.
- But some of those have large scale contracts with major supermarkets so it has gone from a domestic one to one that involves international dimensions.
- The Common Agricultural Policy in Europe demonstrates it.
- Therefore there is a requirement for someone that is able to excel at this level.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of someone that has been in the role of farm manager include the following:
- General Farm Maintenance: The farm manager has to manage the general maintenance of the farm.
- Financial Management: He or she will have financial management responsibilities and will have to fulfill that.
- Commissioning Roles: He or she will have to perform the duties of commissioning and purchasing
- Staff Supervision: He or she will have to do the staff supervision at all levels.
- Marketing: He or she has to do the marketing on a national level.
Skills and Specifications
- Management Skills: The candidate needs to possess the management skills to manage the farm perfectly.
- Financial Skills: He or she should have the financial skills to manage the financial department.
- Marketing Skills: The candidate should have the skills of marketing as he or she will have to do the marketing work.
- Communication Skills: He or she needs to have communication skills both verbally and written.
- Awareness of the Field: He or she should have the general awareness of agricultural processes, methods and procedures.
- Basic Degree: The candidate needs to have a Degree or Higher National Diploma in Agriculture which is a basic degree.
- Some knowledge of the latest farming technique
- Marketing qualifications: The candidate should possess the marketing qualifications as will have to do the marketing.
- The candidate should have managerial qualifications to do the management.
Job Title: Agric Graduate Trainee
- Atlantis Allied Farms offers prospective job opportunity to Agric graduates: Are you an Agric graduate? Are you passionate about Agri-business? Do you wish to be trained for 2 months with a job prospect after your training? if YES, read the requirements and contact the concerned email below
- Must have minimum of HND/B.Agric or B.Sc in Agric related discipline.
- Must have minimum of 1 year crop production field practical experience.
- Must have NYSC discharged certificate.
- Must be efficient and able to overcome pressure at work.
- Age not more than 30 years.
- Must be located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Job Title: Agric Business Development Manager
Function: Commercial & Communication
- Identify, conceptualize and develop new opportunities and businesses in the agricultural sector
- Co-ordinate with key institutions relevant to agricultural sector and its value chain including Government, Development partners, Communities, Financial Institutions, Regulatory Agencies etc.
- Prepare cash flow projections or financial models to model business processes or actual or hypothetical transactions
- Identifying suitable sources of capital for new and existing businesses
- Preparing necessary marketing materials including project concepts, proposals and business plans, pitch books and investment teasers
- Project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Prepare periodic sectoral review reports and analysis for executive management’s decision making process
- Identify and conceptualize viable and realistic projects that address market needs
- Realization of new business projects
- Possess a first Degree in either Agronomy or Agronomics (Agricultural Economics)
- Possess a minimum of 3 years proven track record in agribusiness development
- Have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and negotiation skills
- Be strong in research and analytical skills
- Have advanced report writing and presentation skills
- Have project development and management skills
- Have excellent interpersonal/networking skills
- Have good personal judgement, initiative, creativity and maturity
- Be able and willing to travel widely within Nigeria away from Job Location for extended periods of time
- Be versatile with Microsoft office tools
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Job Title: Farm Attendant
- Candidates should possess a minimum of SSCE.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume with Cover Letter to: email@example.com