Workforce Management Centre – Our client, a reputable ICT and Infrastructure Solutions Provider, is recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Market Development Manager
Industry/Sector: Information Technology
- H/She will be responsible for developing market segments for the organisation as well as promoting products and services to potential and existing customers.
- H/She will be responsible for the development and delivery of the market strategy and position the company’s products and services to ensure they provide a solid value proposition for our target customers.
- B.Sc. in any Business related discipline such as Economics, Business Administration, Marketing, Information Systems, and Business Studies.
- An MBA is an added advantage
- A professional certification is an added advantage
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a similar role with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Candidate must be passionate about creating new digital/IT solutions, and driving market engagement strategies within targeted sectors in order to grow the uptake of innovative IT products and services
- Identification, mapping and engagement of uncontested market space;
- Provide leadership for Outside-in Market Strategy Development
- Provide strategic market insights for product value innovation;
- Demonstrate an aptitude for working collaboratively, hosting multi-disciplinary workshops and developing ideas in an innovation environment
- Attend trade shows and conferences to support launches and gather competitive information as required
- Definition of the new product and business models- Market Fit
- Drive strategy for new products-to-market.
- Externally focused to ensure the market place is understood and that the products, services and initiatives are positioned correctly to deliver success
- Manage the products and services budget and work closely with Finance and Operations to ensure products and services deliver a clear ROI
- Be the single point of contact for project managers, customer engagement manager, domain experts, business development teams and marketing for matters relating to the products and services internally.
- A knowledge or willingness to learn the emerging innovative applications of IT and Internet of things across several sectors
- Be able to lead through competence and command of the subject matter and be happy to present to large audiences on matters of the products and services.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the Company.
- Provide direction and support to members of the extended team
- Develop and report key performance indicators for the unit to the Director, Emerging Business Unit;
- Monitor staff performances and encourage development within the team;
- Promote a climate of accountability, openness, collaboration and innovation.
- Work closely with suppliers to develop market focused products and services under-pinned by solid business cases
- Understand customer needs to ensure products and services meet those needs and engage intimately with customers on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with project management to ensure that products and services related projects are on schedule and aligned with customer needs.
- Anticipate problems and implement systems to avoid them. Products and services managers need to be proactive and action-oriented.
- Market Development
- Process Optimisation/Improvement
- Innovation Management
- Business Intelligence
- Performance Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Product Development
- Strategy Formulation
- Strategy Implementation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please indicate “Market Development Manager” as subject of the email.
Deadline 9th December, 2016.