RusselSmith Group Job for a Coordinator, People Services
RusselSmith is an ISO 9001:2008 certified asset integrity management services company incorporated to serve the needs of the global oil and gas exploration and production industry, using rope access technology as our principal medium of access.
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Coordinator, People Services
Job Reference Code: RS-OHP-005
Job Type: Full-Time
- 5 – 10 years
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment & Onboarding:
- People Planning as per annual people plan and working out sourcing strategies from time to time for infusion of fresh and experienced talent.
- Facilitate the interview process and feedback to ensure the defined staffing requirements while complying with established guidelines are met.
- Coordinate the recruitment, selection criteria defining of vacant positions.
- Monitor the coordination of the orientation and onboarding process of new hires.
- Manpower Planning- Estimates future organizational structure and manpower requirements, audits human resources, plans job requirement
- Coordinate the administration of entire life-cycle recruiting process from forecasting personnel needs and strategic sourcing to on-boarding and integration of employees for all assigned positions.
- Assists and supports department managers and employees regarding resourcing issues.
People Services & Reward:
- Coordinate the employment process, employee probationary and confirmation process (background screening & credential verification)
- Employee Relations- Investigates a variety of Human Resources related issues (e.g. Wage, Harassment, Discrimination, employee disputes, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that effective, legally compliant resolutions are arrived at in a timely manner and within defined guidelines.
- Supports department managers and all employees regarding personnel issues. Answers employee questions regarding employee engagement, personnel policies, procedures and benefits; researches and disseminates timely information to managers and/or employees on personnel issues.
- Coordinate meetings (Management, Mentoring etc.) presentations and seminar.
- Monitoring the administration of the company’s pension scheme; and benefit programs.
- Coordinate the management and allocation of office space and personnel administration
- Coordinate the health and safety of employees and managing matters related to employee compensation scheme and renewal of insurance cover for employees
- Coordinate the computation of monthly payroll, budget (monthly & annual), payment of consultants’ monthly salaries, pensions and benefits.
- Salary Survey- Under the directive of the Management, periodically assess the compensation & benefits structure of the local/expat market through Salary Survey, networking and make recommendations for changes including structural design changes. Also conduct a compensation/market rate review analysis and the external competitiveness of the marketplace.
- Develop the grading and pay structure of both existing employees and prospective employees.
- Coordinate the confirmation steps, criteria and process of employees (previous employer reference, background screening & credential verification)
- Attrition Management- Monitor and coordinate the exit process of separated staff. Ensures exit documentation is complete, review the final settlement (entitlement or indebtedness); and exit interviews where necessary.
- Cultural Diversity- Collaborate with department leaders to continually develop and evolve initiatives and programs with respect to diversity and inclusion; understanding unique business and geographic challenges and needs to appropriately tailor those initiatives for success
Legal & Compliance:
- Stays current with laws and regulations affecting personnel issues, employment practices or trends and recommends new or revised policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Ensures that the company complies with relevant legislation and regulation and maintains standards of corporate governance. Keeps the management informed of relevant legal responsibilities.
- Employee Discipline- Manages and acts as an advisory channel of the company’s disciplinary process. Ensure employees strict compliance to the stipulated code of conduct, rules and regulations to ensure continual productivity and efficiency and forestall chaos, corruption and disobedience in the company.
- Coordinate and monitor overall compliance with regards to certifying bodies and general company compliance to industry standards.
- Monitor and coordinate internal compliance to stakeholders’ requirements.
- Coordinate the overall compliance with regards to company procedures, statutory and regulatory requirements with key emphasis to critical business units.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation, taking appropriate action and advising on the legal implications of proposed policies.
- Liaising with external regulators and advisors such as lawyers where required.
- Reviewing and or drafting contractual agreements with employees, contractors, consultants, vendors and customers.
- Contributing to meeting discussions as and when required, and advising members of the legal, governance, accounting and tax implications of proposed policies
- Taking responsibility for the health and safety of employees and managing matters related to insurance and property. Advising on renewing insurance cover for employees
- Reviewing contractual agreements with employees, contractors, consultants, vendors and customers
Organization Design & Development:
- Monitors the overhead cost and headcount.
- Ensure the regular update of company organization charts and employee directory.
- Coordinate role review and alignment in line with approved employee job functions & role responsibilities.
- Facilitate organizational restructuring projects as well as design
- Change Management- Act as a change catalyst during the company’s restructuring programs.
Training & Support:
- Employee Records- Oversee the upload of employees’ data on the company’s HR software database. Ensure an effective record and file management system is maintained.
- Coordinate the defining and evaluation of the competency registry and benchmarks
- Monitor the coordination of needs analysis and employee training needs through consultation with the respective line supervisors/ H.O.D.
- Effective management of training and evaluation of learning programs.
Talent & Performance Management:
- Coordinate the implementation of policies and strategies for the development of employee performance matters as well as monitoring of service delivery performance standards.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of monitoring systems for performance indicators and standards, including ensuring data quality and compliance with internal and external audit requirements
- monitor the facilitation of discussions with employee(s) and managers on performance issues and service improvement measures
- Talent Management- Oversee the execution of the Company’s Retention Strategies; Employee Career progression & Management; Employee Promotion and Transitioning; Employee Leadership Development and Talent Gaps identification
- Drive the talent management process and program, including initiatives, identifying, assessing, developing, and reviewing high potential talent
- Succession planning- Actively pursuing and ensuring that employees are constantly developed to fill each needed role thereby guaranteeing that there are suitable employees on hand ready and waiting to fill new roles.
Strategy & Administration:
- Formulate, develops, implements and updates personnel policies, procedures and forms for the effective management of the employees
- Set up and manage human resources information systems for payroll and HRMS module.
- Ensure cost effectiveness by the delivery of full range of effective human resources services.
- Act as a central point of reference for internal and external queries with reference to employees. Ensure telephone and email enquiries are dealt with to a high professional standard and maintain confidentiality.
- Monitoring the implementation procedural/administrative systems within the company
- Serves in an advisory capacity to HR administration. Provide advisory services on Policy & Procedures, Talent Management, Separation, Training & Development, Reward Management, Performance Evaluation, Resourcing, Organization Design & Development and Change Management frameworks respectively.
- Monitors and co-ordinates the various aspects and process of the department i.e. Payroll, Reward, Budget, Benefits, Retention, Separation, Resourcing, orientation, Performance Management, Training & Development and Talent Management.
- Safety and Security – the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Document Control – Reviewing and keeping records of transaction of sale and purchase goods and services
- Departmental Reports- Coordinates and review the required departmental reports and presentations. To provide comprehensive, effective and efficient administrative support. Review all employee employment records.
- General coordination and supervision of the department’s deliverables.
- Performs other duties or projects as required or as assigned.
- A university Degree/HND holder in Human Resources or Social Science related courses is desired
- A university degree/HND holder is desirable.
- Atleast 6years related experience
- Meticulous & Detail-Oriented
- Flexibility & Creativity Skills
- Strong Analytical & Problem-Solving Skills
- Customer Centric Orientation
- Excellent interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Business Writing Skills
- Communication Skills – Articulation, Enunciation & Elocution
- Communication Skills – Written
- Detail-Orientation – Meticulous, Punctilious & Conscientious
- Diplomacy, Discretion & Business Ethics
- Interpersonal & Relational Skills
- Excellent Leadership Skills
- Excellent Numerical & Data Literacy Skills
- Presentation Skills – Charisma, Poise, Aura & Comportment
- Good Research Skills
- Statutory Laws & Regulations Familiarity
- Excellent Supervisory Skills
- Team Orientation & Spirit
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the big picture
- Microsoft Excel Proficiency
- Microsoft PowerPoint Proficiency
- Microsoft Word Proficiency
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- Positive attitude and approach towards assignments and successfully operate under guidelines.
- Exercise good judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information and adhere to high standards of confidentiality and honesty.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Occasional travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is necessary. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
How to Apply
Click here to apply online