The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns.
Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria. We are seeking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Student Records Specialist
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Registrar, Provost Office
Summary of the Position
- The Student Records Specialist shall assists with the day-to-day operations of the Registrar’s Office.
- The duties shall include but NOT limited to the maintenance and integrity of students’ academic records, assisting with departmental activities, entering data into the student information system and also perform administrative task in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Requirements for the position
- A good Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable tertiary institution
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in post-secondary education administration required.
- Experience in a Registrar’s office preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Database management experience required.
Detailed Listing of Responsibities
- Assist the Registrar and Assistant Registrar(s) in the day-to-day operations of the unit.
- Manually sort and fill documents into individual student folders
- Respond to inquiries made via phone, email or in person
- Carry out other clerical related tasks
- Participate in the planning, coordination, development and implementation of long-term goals and objectives for the unit.
- Assist with the timely audit of graduation applications for completion of degree requirements.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of best business practices that improve and maintain customer service and communications with all university constituents.
- Sort and Process incoming mail
- Assist with University commencement activities.
- Counsel students on academic, registration, and records problems.
- Resolve student concerns.
- Refer inquiries to appropriate sources
- Complete and submit expense claim forms for the department screen calls
- Provide general information
- Assist with the input/update of student data and academic records
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Must be highly confidential
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of manager, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Must be detailed oriented, well organized and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Data entry experience necessary.
- Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline 11th December, 2016.