APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk Group – a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing industries – Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port operations and container management services.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to experience different cultures and make friends all over the world. You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is your workplace.
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Who we are looking for:
- Education – Master’s Degree in Finance/ACCA/CA preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals operational practices preferred.
- Experience in the operation of APM Terminals container facilities preferred.
- Analyzes performance statistics and trends in order to identify areas for improvements and cost savings i.e. cost saving potentials
- Experience – Minimum 5 years of demonstrated financial management experience in mid size company with monthly turnover of NGN 1 billion
- Extensive knowledge of setting of Rofo/budgets, reporting in HFM/ZIMPL, inventory control systems and accounting, knowledge of ERP systems, IFS financials software is an advantage.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and responsible for closing process
- Perform monthly controlling and analysis
- Analyse numbers and address any issues or discrepancies
- Verification of deductions (PAYE/NHF/Pension)
- Full Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Statutory and fiscal compliance (Company taxation/VAT/WHT)
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Management Reporting: HFM update
- Forecasting & Budgeting: Variance Analysis
- Ensure safe and sound status of liquid fund, improve net working capital management, maintain proactive dialogue and follow up with accounts receivable key stakeholders.
- Completeness and Accuracy of the General Ledger
- Drive quarterly financial forecasting to ensure accuracy and ensure that achievable targets set
- Drive TCO (Take Cost Out) and Revenue Improvement initiatives as per Annual Operating Plan.
- Thorough analysis and review, dig deeper in the data reported and improve the quality of the reports including commentary for Managing Director and SMT members.
- Payroll : manage timely payment of payroll and adherence to payroll tax
- Liaison with HR department and PWC outsource facility
- Fixed Asset Register and depreciation
- Spare Parts inventory account management
- Accounts Receivable: Credit Control: Receipting
- Accounts Payable: Supplier payment in accordance with company authorization/approvals
- Revenue and Cost accruals as per APM GAAP and IAS
- This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the global organization.
- You will have the opportunity to build up a broad network in the organization with Executives and senior leaders in the business as well as within the Finance function in the region.
- Exposure and visibility is high and the role offers the opportunity to both contribute to the strategic agenda as well as gaining experience in daily high impact operational decisions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply