eHealth Africa (eHA) is a data-driven, solutions-oriented innovator dedicated to improving people’s access to high-quality health systems in Africa.
Our highly collaborative approach convenes public health professionals across sectors to tackle Africa’s greatest health challenges. Using data and informatics to inform solutions, eHealth Africa addresses a community’s most difficult health needs with knowledge, passion and integrity.
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
- The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for provision, installation/configuration, operating and maintenance of systems hardware and software. Resolves software and hardware issues as well as develops new system designs. S/he ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Must be able to work as a member of a team and possess good problem solving skills.
- Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Managing large scale Citrix/2X/Terminal Server installations.
- Linux/UNIX administration.
- Experience in Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration.
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration.
- Experienced in Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX, XEN Citrix or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server.
- Minimum of Four (4) years relevant professional experience preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Server operations, Network Design and Implementation, System Troubleshooting, System Specification & design and Hardware Configuration.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies, tools, and applications related to job.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifies the integrity and availability of all hardware, servers resources, systems and key processes, reviews system and application logs, and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Installs, secures, maintains, troubleshoots, manages users systems and upgrade other enterprise applications/systems. Installs, configures, maintains and monitors servers.
- Performs daily backup operations, ensures all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media. Creates recovery disks.
- Applies OS upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configures and adds new services as necessary.
- Assembles and installs PC hardware, investigates and resolves routine hardware and communications problems.
- Maintains network facilities in individual machines such as drivers and settings of personal computers, printers and devices.
- Provides support to staff regarding system administration and usage. Provides support in the administration of systems and servers to ensure availability of services to authorized users.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings, seminars and trainings in order to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems technology.
- Performs any other duties assigned by management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Performs ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, disk partitions and resource optimization as required. Provides support to process improvements.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex system related problems and serves as escalation point to operations team.
- Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request. Maintains internal IT systems in adherence with IT’s policies and standards.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Certifications and Licenses
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Intermediate proficiency working with specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Why work for us?
Life at eHealth Africa means not only working towards saving thousands of lives, but also collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for innovative technology. We offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and well-being is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply