Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
Lilygate Hotel is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer (CE) / Maintenance Manager
Report to: General Manager / Managing Director
- Responsible to manage all aspects of maintenance staff on a daily basis. Directs, coordinates and performs routine, preventive and emergency interior / exterior maintenance and repairs to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of hotel operations.
- Directs the Engineering staff, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources.
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering with positive attitude, Good communication skills and Committed to delivering a high level of customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Familiar and complies with the hotels mission and standards in performing maintenance activities.
- Maximise maintenance team potential with a balanced focus on operations, guests, employee and owners satisfaction.
- Represents the engineering department during the daily HOD morning meetings.
- Prioritise, plan, schedule assign and supervise the engineering department staff.
- Oversee the maintenance tasks, work orders and special projects ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Respond to guest’s maintenance needs promptly and ensure guests receive professional, efficient prompt and courteous service to hotel standards.
- Attend all Facility Management/Property meetings as required, passing on necessary information to the maintenance team in regular junior staff meetings.
- Ensure the proper use and periodic maintenance of all equipment.
- Perform daily and weekly property document inspections.
- Ensure property, grounds, physical plant and work areas are maintained to standard and that all safety equipment and conditions are to code.
- Respond to corporate and management inquires.
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs.
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimise expenses.
- Coordinate with the equipment suppliers for AMC and any outstanding issues.
- Ensure maintenance staff is wearing proper uniforms with name tag and upholds hotels grooming and hygiene standards.
- Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotel including physical. Mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
- Installation & maintenance of all equipment related to HVAC, DG Sets, Water treatment, Fire Safety etc.
- Ensure proper records are kept relating to all plant and equipment for the hotel including repair and service records.
- Prepare reports as required by the Housekeeping Manager and General Manager.
- Ensure that stores have adequate stocks of materials, equipment and tools and are kept in a clean and safe environment.
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness and safety aspects of all plant and mechanical equipment rooms.Establish and maintain department equipment and supply inventory levels appropriate to property requirements
- Provide training to staff on supplies, inventory, maintenance and ordering procedures.
- Train engineering department staff on correct maintenance procedures and assists in repairs as needed.
- Maintain, monitor and test hotel’s emergency and security systems, features like Fire Alarm, CCTV, baggage scanners etc.
- Discuss with GM / Owner / Department heads on maintenance status and inspection reports.
- Bachelor of Science, Diploma or College degree in Electrical or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience and 3 years supervisory or manager experience in engineering hotel department.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 16th December, 2016.