Drivers Needed at UN Women in Abuja
UN Women – In July 2010, the United Nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. In doing so, UN Member States took an historic step in accelerating the Organization’s goals on gender equality and the empowerment of women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system, which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Driver
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duration : 1 year
Tasks and Responsibility
Provision of reliable and secure driving services:
- Driving office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel only but this can include visiting Officials(Government, UN, Embassy Officials, etc.)
- Ensuring that all passengers wear their seat belts at all times in the vehicle
- Enforcing the no smoking policy in the vehicle
- Facilitating immigration and Customs formalities as required
- Escort; meet high-level official personnel at the airport and facilitate VIP missions etc.
- Collecting and deliver mail/correspondence to Government
- Offices/Embassies/Commercial Establishments/UN Offices etc. Interact with Finance and Administration staff.
- Ensuring that all vehicles comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS)
- Following strictly all nsles and regulations in relation to the use and management of UN Women vehicles as provided by the Operations Unit.
- Ensuring that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Proper use of vehicle:
- Log official trips in the official log books
- Keep abreast of traffic rules and regulations as well as road security and safety awareness to enable safe on time arrival for meetings
Day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle:
- Ensure that the official vehicle is kept clean and is always in good working order.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports
- Keep track of insurance and applicable tax formalities
Administrative and clerical support:
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying, processing correspondence and maintaining required records.
- Assist in the mailing and distribution of publications and payment of bills, as required.
- Completion of secondary education is required.
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- 3 years’ work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications which must include an attachment, the completed UN Women Personal History Form (P-11) and CV demonstrating qualification, technical competencies and experience relevant to the assignment. Application letter should be addressed to: The Programme Manager, Women Peace and Security, Un Women.
Click Here to Downlaod UN Personal History Form (P11)
Application should be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject for the application should be application for Driver.
Hard copy to:
WAEC Building 2nd Floor,
10 Zambezi Crescent,
PMB 2851, Maitama,
Note: Applications without the completed P-11 form are incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
Deadline: 27th January, 2017.