Me Cure Healthcare Limited was established in 2009 and is headquartered in Nigeria with 7 healthcare diagnostic centers in Nigeria including an eye center which is a state of the art ophthalmic clinic used to diagnose, treat and perform vision related surgeries.
At Me Cure, we have only highly trained medical professionals and technicians using the best cutting edge tools and technology to provide the best service to the Nigerian People.
Me Cure Healthcare Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Information Manager
- The health information manager will be responsible for managing all medical records with Me Cure Eye Center.
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Health Information Management
- Knowledge of clinical coding, patient information review and electronic medical records
Duties and Responsibilities
- Disseminate information and educate appropriate hospital staff about the hospital’s policies, procedures and expectations regarding medical records.
- Code all clients’ diagnoses and medical records, for the client information system, for research, and for statistical purposes.
- Providing support for the integrity of the information. This includes the verification of the daily census with each client unit, checking to see that all information on each admission is entered, and compiling reports of analyses to the local, state and Federal government for performance improvement.
- Prepare and maintain admission charts for new admissions.
- Maintains medical record files in order of final filing, keeping files current.
- Planning information system, develop health policy, and identifying current and future information needs. Supporting information-intensive and information relevant health care system.
- Managing and constructing health information programs to guarantee they accommodate all legal, medical and ethical standards. Maintaining, collecting and analyzing data received by Doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers. Making sure patients information are accurate and available when needed.
- Store, safeguard and provide access to the medical record of active and discharged clients in accordance with applicable laws.
- Supervising the process of assembling patient’s medical information including medical history, symptoms examination results, diagnostic test, treatment methods, and all other healthcare provider services.
- Retention and disposition of policies and practices.
- Audit of clinical record used in patient care and regulatory/legal cases.
- Member to the QIC committee, Training of office assistance and other staffs attached to Me Cure Eye centre on the use of the EMR.
- Monitor physician availability, orders, forms, reports signed and dated.
- Maintain medical records computer system hardware and software.
- Conducting reviews /audits of the hospital’s medical records of all discharged clients, reviews of random samples of active clients, and special focused audits as requested. The purpose of the review is to identify opportunities for improvement in compliance with established medical record procedures and standards.
- Process documents to provide relevant client demographic and medical information to the designated aftercare agencies to facilitate follow-up and continuity of care upon a client’s discharge from the hospital.
- Training of other Health Information Management department staff on policy and procedures and the use of any current software.
- Comply with applicable laws, rules, policies, procedures and standards governing the confidentiality, security and integrity of the medical record and promote compliance hospital wide.
- Ensure that personal health information are only available to authorized persons and used only for authorized purposes.
- Maintain a manual of approved medical record policies, procedures, abbreviations and forms that govern the content, documentation and formats for the medical records of the hospital’s active and discharged clients.
Professional Certifications and Licenses:
- Candidate must be registered with the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria
- Must be a registered member of the Health Information Managers Association of Nigeria (HIMAN)
- Minimum of two (2) years professional experience as a health information manager one of which should be as a supervisor.
- Must have experience in the health industry or hospital setting
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a computer literate with knowledge of MS Office package
- Able to utilize electronic medical software, ICD 9, ICD 10 proficiently
- Knowledge of hospital statistics.
- Must possess skills in numeracy
- Work requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- Employees in this position will be required to adhere to work availability and unit scheduling requirements.
- Work may require contact with aggressive and/or combative patients.
- Work requires manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination to perform patient care procedures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only qualified applicants will be considered
Deadline 27th January, 2017.