Nimai Global Talent Acquisition has been a part of Nimai Management Consultants, we provide recruitment solutions to clients as well as the job seekers, for mid to senior roles. Nimai is a team of experts of over 200 years of man experience and have placed over 950 job seekers in the Middle East,
with a strong team of finance professionals having a network of more than 10,000 professionals in more than 40 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Group Finance Controller
- You will lead a team and will have sole responsibility for all financial, accounting, administrative and secretarial support within the organization.
- In addition, you will provide operational and strategic input and decision making for the group’s business verticals. You will focus on assessing business drivers and develop both short and long-term plans to improve the effectiveness and the results of the group’s operations.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A fully qualified Chartered Accountant and holder of a Master’s degree related to Finance/Admin.
- At least 15 years’ experience as a senior finance professional (FC, Group FC, Divisional FD).
- Experience within a manufacturing/Trading industry, with knowledge of Africa market, is a must, preferably Nigeria.
- Fully conversed with managing and using intricate ERP systems – knowledge of Orion Oracle will be an advantage.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and oral English) to ensure all communications across all levels of the organization are clear, concise, transparent and easily understood.
- Must be extensively conversant on organizational development and HR
- Proven ability to keep accurate financial records and provision of clear and timely reports for internal and external purposes.
- Extensive and world class knowledge of advanced financial management (accounting and reporting), treasury, investment management, international accounting and financial reporting standards, tax principles, local tax regime/legislation and implications to business.
Accounting, Reporting & Internal Controls:
- Responsible for the entire finance and accounting function across all business units, the Group FC has primary and sole responsibility for all accounting transactions, financial reporting, and internal control systems.
- Implements a system of appropriate internal controls to manage business risks across all businesses. Ensures a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations and profitability.
- Train the finance team and other required staff on raising awareness and knowledge on financial management matters.
- Supervise the preparation of salaries and other payrolls functions.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Provision of accurate and timely financial data, reports, and presentations required by the business. Ensure the balance sheet is properly reconciled with supporting documentation. Ensure the P&L account is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue; costs are recorded in the proper accounts) and reflects the Group’s performance on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Ensures compliance with the standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts
Legal & Statutory Reporting:
- Ensure statutory compliance with all local authority matters, submission of statutory reports in a timely manner complying with the local reporting regulations. Manages and oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes.
- Reviews legal matters (such as ongoing litigation, disputes etc.) with the Head of Legal Affairs and updates the Managing Director and board on all key issues.
Treasury & Tax:
- Management and supervision of all banking activities, establish, maintain and handle all banking relationships, ensuring competitiveness will all bank terms and conditions.
- Management of bank transfers of local and foreign currency.
- Co-ordination of all tax matters for all group companies. Management of all tax audits and related process, ensuring adequate controls are installed. Reviews audit issues to ensure accuracy and minimization of tax obligations.
- Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, paid and/or accrued.
- Preparation of yearly cash flow forecast and periodic review.
- Establishment and management of a strong treasury and cash management internal control system.
Financial Planning & Forecasting:
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive annual business plan which is aligned with the company’s and various brands’ strategic direction.
- Monitors actual sales against projected sales. Provides on-going analytical support by monitoring each business unit’s actual and projected sales.
- Analyses differences between actual budget wages and forecasted wages for more efficient budget planning.
- Produces accurate forecasts that enable operations to react to changes in the business.
- Analyses information forecasts sales against expenses and creates annual budget plans. Creates the annual operating budget for the each business unit and at group consolidated level. Provides analytical support during budget reviews to identify cost saving and productivity opportunities for each business manager.
Strategic Decision Making & Influence:
- Communicates the group’s strategic goals & focus and board’s priorities to subordinates in a clear and precise manner. Leverages strong functional leadership and communication skills to influence the executive team, the business managers and own team.
- Thinks creatively and practically to plan, develop, execute and implement new business plans and ventures. Analyzes financial data and market trends to improve profits, including project liabilities, cost-benefit analysis and exploring new business opportunities.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Executive Team Support:
- Attends executive meetings and communicates with the board members, understanding the priorities, strategic focus and needs of key stakeholders (board, corporate, employees, suppliers, customers, other external bodies).
- Communicates financial concepts and drives desired behaviors. Facilitates critique meetings to review information with a management team.
- Advises the Group Managing Director and executive committee on existing and evolving operating and financial issues.
- Manages working capital and cash flow in accordance with brand SOPs and board guidelines.
Finance Team & HR Management:
- Provides excellent leadership by assigning team members and others to the job at hand. Ensures team members are cross-trained to support successful daily operations. Conducts annual performance appraisals with direct reports.
- Ensures new hires participate in the department’s orientation program and are provided appropriate training.
- Ensures housing policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Participates in hiring activities as appropriate.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of wage incentives, commissions, and salaries for the staff.
- Creates appropriate development plans for team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, career aspirations, and abilities. Conduct performance review process for employees with HR.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply