North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from suitably qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer
Position Start Date: Immediately
- The Senior Project Engineer will support the Engineering Design and Environmental Compliance Manager as well as the State Engineers to ensure that all projects are implemented in accordance with sound technical, environmental and engineering standards.
- The Senior Engineer will ensure that all infrastructure projects are completed within the available timeframe, allowing sufficient time for close down, demobilization, handover, final invoicing, and, if necessary, contract termination
- The Senior Engineer provides technical support with respective to design and detailing of structures, assessment of the structural integrity of structures to be rehabilitated, training and capacity building of local labor, monitoring and supervision to project engineers and contractors who are implementing small and medium-sized infrastructure sub-projects.
- The Senior Project Engineer will provide technical input to NERI staff during the project identification, development and implementation: including budget preparation, scheduling, environmental reviews and compliance monitoring, preparing and reviewing designs, selection of vendors and contractors, and progress monitoring and reporting.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Senior Project Engineer reports to the Engineering Design & Environmental Compliance Manager in Abuja. The Senior Project Engineer has no direct reportees, but oversees the work of up to 10 or more temporary project engineers at a time.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Carry out structural suitability and technical assessment of damaged or dilapidated structures for proposed renovation.
- Directly monitor and supervise construction as well as renovation works in the program area, and/or provide technical assistance and supervision to Project Engineers for all NERI infrastructure projects within the program area.
- Assist in setting up and maintain local price databases using inputs from the procurement teams, verification teams, past activities and assessment visits.
- Assist in the tendering, tender evaluation and contract recommendation processes for sub consultants and sub contracts.
- Directly carry out, or oversee Project Engineer pre-final and final inspection of all infrastructure works
- Technically review all invoices for senior infrastructure subprojects submitted according to project invoice review procedures;
- Interface with grantees, contractors, sub-contractors and vendors as required ensuring transparent program processes are upheld.
- Participate in final review and close out of grant activities.
- Assist the Program team in identifying and developing infrastructure projects. Input will include, but not be limited to, establishing constructability, identifying potential field difficulties, and budget preparation to include material, labor, equipment and service costs.
- Prepare EDFs (Environmental Documentation Forms), identifying mitigation measures into projects. If Mitigation measures are required, ensure that these mitigation measures are planned, budgeted and carried out.
- Carry out structural design and detailing of structures, inclusive of office and residential buildings, schools and community centers.
- Conduct final checks on project designs and specifications to ensure that all designs, drawings and BOQs are in accordance with sound technical, environmental and engineering standards before passing on for final approval.
- Interpretation and application of geotechnical reports to ensure standard foundation choice and adequate borehole yield depth for standard construction.
- Preparation of daily reports and weekly summary submissions to the Engineering Design and Environmental Compliance Engineer
- Assist in evaluating and prequalifying potential subcontractors
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted