Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Stanbic IBTC Bank is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager – Risk Data Aggregation and Risk Reporting (RDARR)
Job ID: 20894
- Group Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- Contribute to successful delivery of the RDARR project by driving continuous improvement, coordinating and tracking status, managing budget and ensuring resources availability.
- Demonstrate basic understanding of project relating to data aggregation and management process
- Work with the project team to document project status, track and ensure resolution of project issues. Keep risk and issue log register with appropriate resolution
- Ensure that appropriate standard project practices and procedures are documented and followed, sign offs are managed and updated regularly.
- Articulate the roadmap for transitioning the project into business-as-usual
- Work with Head of Unit to conduct Project Audit during project closure.
- Must have strong understanding and demonstrate use of Project Management Methodologies
- Understand the bank’s current Project Governance Structure and align the project requirement to the Structure.
- Ensure owners of operational actions complete them and provide regular updates to project stakeholders and teams in a timely manner
- Planning roadmap with relevant stakeholders to complete and actualize project deliverables
- Ensure the project aligns with other strategic initiatives across the Group
- Managing stakeholders expectations across all cadres
- Managing project governance responsibilities (In-country & Center)
- Managing time, resources and project budgets
- The position requires a detailed approach to task completion, strong organization skills, positive relationship and communication skills, and a general understanding of assigned project dynamics.
- Work at all levels of the project from business analyst through project management as needed to govern the project execution successfully.
- Work closely with required units and other stakeholders , finance, It cost management , legal team and other stakeholders in reviewing contracts as it relates to projects and ensure that governance is followed
- Managing Project Governance shared folder for easy access to project documents
- Ensuring adherence to defined Project Governance policies
- Monitoring and communicating project status and delivery
- Managing project documentation and ensuring objectives set out are achieved whilst preventing scope creep
- Prioritization and efficient time management
- Ensure strict compliance to the Standard Operating Processes
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Department Head & Team Leader
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Preferably certified in Prince 2, PMI, PMBOK or other project management qualifications
- B.Sc. Degree
- Demonstrable understanding of basic banking concepts and dynamics, particularly in relation to risk management
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interact with users at all levels.
- Must be service orientated
- Stakeholder management
- Track record in managing regulatory-induced projects (will be an added advantage)
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies; flexibility to handle pressure coming from all directions simultaneously
- Strong team-orientated interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work under little supervision.
How to Apply
Click here to apply
Deadline 16th February, 2017.