The Candel Company is Nigeria’s leading crop yield advancement and production company. As a result of growth and the need to strengthen our current team, we need exceptional individuals with the right qualifications, mentality, drive and experience to join our team of professionals.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Accounts Manager
- The preferred candidate should possess sound knowledge of accounting/finance and control in areas of; Management accounts, published accounts/IFRS, budget, tax, stock, debtor, fixed asset and creditors, accruals and prepayments, Payroll, Bank and Treasury, import procedures, staff and time management, Sun and Vision accounting packages, ERP.
- Contribute towards ensuring proper book keeping and production of accurate reports for management’s decision making. Will be engaged in data processing and report preparation and presentation.
Qualifications and Requirements
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other areas with at least 5years post qualification experience.
- Membership of ICAN or other professional accounting bodies is mandatory
- Background in company management and or Banking operations
- Experience in corporate finance and audit
- Provide input into and be involved in the budgeting process
Relationship with suppliers:
- Actively lead relationship management with suppliers and ensuring that account reconciliations with them are up to date.
- Ensuring that inventory quantities and balances are properly stated in the ERP.
- Ensure payments are processed accurately and timely.
- Ensure bank reconciliations are up to date and accurate. Reconciling items to be investigated and resolved promptly.
- General ledger maintenance.
- Ensure all transactions are posted timely and accurately.
- Supervise the monthly and annual filing of tax and other regulatory returns.
- Liaise with external auditors and oversee the annual audit.
- Play significant role in ensuring the department’s compliance with ISO standards.
- Be involved in product costing.
- Support the Accounts Manager in management of cash flows.
- Leadership & Supervision.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 17th March, 2017.