North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from suitably qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
- The Finance Officer will assist the Finance Director in developing and managing the project’s financial systems.
- S/he will also assist the Finance Director in ensuring sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation of project activities and support programs.
- Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, review and submission to headquarters and cash flow management. Some travel is expected.
- S/he will work under the supervision of the Finance Director and will support him/her in all matters related to financial management, financial reporting, subcontracting.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Finance Officer reports to the Finance Director.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum relevant Bachelors’ degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is required.
- Excellent written and spoken English is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and efficiently handle multiple tasks is required.
- Ability to work under own initiative or as a part of a team is required.
- Ability and willingness to perform occasional travel to meet program goals
- Fluency in one or more of the local languages is highly desired
- Minimum three years’ financial administration experience is required.
- Experience of working with international organizations / NGOs is desirable.
- Competent in computers and using financial software is required.
- Understanding of budget and cost control management is required.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitoring program and work plan budgets
- Providing assistance in supervising accounting
- Reviewing day-to-day accounting
- Coordinating development of activity budgets and management of field expenses
- Determining cost projections and submitting requests for funds on a monthly basis
- Verifying accounting files
- Assisting in monitoring procurement procedures and expenses
- Tracking and reporting on financial aspects of grants
- Occasional travel to field offices to oversee systems, conduct training, set up systems and accounts, etc.
- Developing and submitting financial reports, when needed
- Ensuring compliance with all donor and home office procedures
- Implement systems and ensure proper checks and balances to mitigate potential for fraud or improper use of funds
- Liaising with HQ, partners, financial institutions and others on financial issues
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: email@example.com
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline 16th February, 2017.