Professorial Chair of FInance (UBA) – University of Lagos
The University of Lagos was established in 1962 by an Act of Parliament of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to encourage the advancement of learning. Located in the urban and commercial city of Lagos, with the main campus in Akoka, two other campuses are the Yaba campus and the College of Medicine, University of Lagos (CMUL) Idi-Araba campus. The University caters for both full time and part time students. The University has an overall student population of about 50,000 (regular and part-time at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels). It has a staff strength of over five thousand.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: United Bank of Africa Professorial Chair of Finance
- The person that will occupy the UBA Professorial Chair of Finance shall be expected to teach and supervise existing or newly designed courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Finance and carry out research in any specialized field of Finance.
- Occupant of the Chair shall organize, from time to time, Public Lectures in Finance to stimulate and enhance industry/academia cooperation through the use of research findings in the field of finance.
- Over and above the regular public lectures, the occupant of the UBA Professorial Chair in Finance must hold a Special Annual Lecture.
- He/she must also deliver a Special Terminal Public Lecture, on his/her accomplishments, at the end of the tenure.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The candidate for this post should normally possess a good first degree and a Ph.D. degree in Finance or Economics from a recognised University.
- Not less than ten (10) years of teaching and research experience since becoming Lecturer II in a University or comparable institution of higher learning.
- A strong proof of continuing research with appreciable evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals published both locally and internationally is required.
- Ability to supervise post-graduate students including doctorate students in areas of expertise – Finance.
- The candidate must also have sufficient administrative experience.
- Must have been an Associate Professor for at least three (3) years. Candidates who have been Senior Lecturers for minimum of six (6) years may be considered for appointment.
- Must be proven integrity.
- Must possess appreciable information technology skills.
- Ability to provide academic leadership.
The Chair has a tenure of three years
Conditions of Service
As contained in the approved University of Lagos Conditions of Service of Senior Staff.
An enhanced basic salary package (i.e. CONUASS 7 plus 20% mark-up). Other perquisites include:
- Transport (car and driver)
- Research allowance
- Journal allowance
- Learned society subscription allowance
- Local transport and travelling
- Books and periodical&
- Housing allowance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit detailed application and curriculum vitae online which should include:
- Names in full
- Place and date of birth
- Home address
- Postal address
- Telephone No
- Marital status
- Number and Ages of children
- Secondary and Post-Secondary Education – (including dates and institutions)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications (including distinction and credits with dates)
- Statements of Experience (including full details of former and present post)
- Detailed list of publications
- Other activities outside current employment
- Name and address of three referees
- Proposed date of availability for duties, if appointed.
Candidates should submit signed, scanned application and current CV’s online via:
Click Here To Submit Applications Online
Further enquiries should be directed to:
Office of Advancement,
University of Lagos.
Mobile No: 08037257799
Academic Staff Unit,
University of Lagos.
Mobile No: 08072185236.
Deadline: 7th March, 2017.