Evidence Action scales proven development solutions to benefit millions of people around the world. We fill the gap between knowing ‘what works’ and having impact at scale. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence. We identify
innovative, appropriate financing mechanisms and build best-practice operational models.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate, Monitoring and Learning
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
About Deworm the World Initiative
- The Deworm the World Initiative enables governments to eliminate the public health threat of intestinal worms through school-based mass deworming programs.
- The program is delivered through a multi-tier training and distribution cascade, whereby all levels of government, from national to local, are engaged to ensure treatment of school-age and preschool-age children in all at-risk areas.
- We advocate for school-based deworming to policymakers and provide technical assistance to launch, strengthen and sustain programs targeting all at-risk school-age (and sometimes preschool-age) children.
About the Position
- In 2016 Evidence Action began supporting the government of Cross River states to launch a school-based deworming program for STH and schistosomiasis as a part of the states’ integrated NTD control programs.
- In 2017 this support will be extended to Ogun, Oyo and Rivers states, targeting over 5.5 million school age children across four states.
- Monitoring, Learning and Information Systems is creating a position for Senior Associate, Monitoring and Learning, to support Deworm the World, Nigeria, which is expanding substantially and requires in-country M & E support.
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Develop and maintain close relationship with state government departments that we work closely with, eg Education, Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD Units), etc.
- Take the lead on drafting process monitoring reports after data is collected by the data collection vendor both internal and external (government, donor, etc) use.
- Participate in program planning meetings, and generally support the Program towards program goals.
- Perform any other monitoring, evaluation and learning duties as may be required and assigned.
Duties and ResponsibilitiesVendor Management:
- Support the sourcing for vendors to support MLIS with data collection needs
- Verify data and results from vendors or other partners through data reviews, checks and field visits
- Draft and/or review terms of reference for data collection vendors.
- Directly manage budget, timelines and deliverables by data collection vendor.
- Masters degree in a relevant field with strong economics, statistics, or mathematics;
- 3+ years of experience of M&E on programs in Nigeria
- Strong technical skills and capacity, with at least 2 years of practical experience managing and working directly with large teams and data;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willing to travel on short notice, to multi-task, to work in ambiguity and to respond instruction from multiple source.
- Naturally inquisitive, skeptical, intellectually curious, detail-oriented and organized;
- Inspired by Evidence Action’s mission to bring proven interventions to scale, improving the lives of millions.
- Data management and analysis experience, specifically knowledge of STATA.
- Experience programming and using electronic data collection platforms, specifically open data kit (ODK).
- Familiar with data entry software (e.g. CSPro) and the ability to quickly learn new software for data management.
This position will require coordinating closely with the regional M&E team members, a majority of whom are based in East Africa.
How to Apply
Click here to apply