North East Regional Initiative (NERI) – An International Development Organization, is seeking applications from suitably qualified Nigerian nationals for the position below:
Job Title: STTA Book Clubs Facilitator
Locations: Abuja and Maiduguri
Duration: 10 Months
Position Start Date: Immediately
Under a soon-to-start activity, NERI will kick start its Intellectual Entrepreneurship Cluster of Activities. The prime activity is the empaneling of 45 Fellows into Book Clubs. Fellows will also be provided capacity building in several subjects including Values and Institutions of Free Society in Mainly Muslim Countries, Free Market Economics (with a module on Islam and Free Market), Youth Activism and Creative Resistance, Social Media Training, Introduction to Activist Networks in Nigeria, Understanding Gender and Social Inclusion in Public Policy, Understanding Public Policy Making Process, The Legislature and Law making in Nigeria. Fellows will maintain blogs for sharing their reads and commit to being active on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and a few other.
NERI seeks a Book Clubs Facilitator to assist with selection of Fellows from a long list, set up and manage the Book Clubs, mentor club members and ensure that they are supported to meet the target on number of books to be read within the Fellowship period. The Book Club Facilitator will have responsibility for developing the operational framework for the Book Clubs, proposing for NERI’s approval list of possible readings and facilitating regular Book Clubs feedback sessions and other activities as would be outlined in an approved work plans.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position reports to NERI’s Deputy Chief of Party in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in the shortlisting process to identify the 45 beneficiaries of the fellowship
- Develop a framework for setting up the Book Clubs for the Fellows.
- Support Fellows/Book Clubs members to develop individual reading and writing schedule on the recommended books.
- Monitor and Evaluate individual fellows on meeting agreed reading, analyses and writing schedule
- Collaborate with NERI reporting team, providing additional narrative concepts and creative input towards development of Success Stories, reporting and related projects, as reasonably requested.
- Undertake regular in site and online mentorship of activities of Fellows/Book Clubs
- Propose for NERI’s approval a list of books and other reading materials that the Fellows and Clubs will read, analyze and write on during the Fellowship period.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience up and managing youth social networks in post-conflict settings.
- Demonstrated ability to manage culturally diverse group in developing countries, preferably in West Africa.
- Computer literate in Excel and Word.
- Tertiary qualification in humanities, social science, peace building, creative writing or similar field of study considerable experience in-lieu of qualification.
- Fluency in English required. Competence in Hausa desired.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to manage critical review sessions with a culturally diverse team
- Excellent communications skills and time management abilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities;
- A cover letter;
- Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline 16th February, 2017.